Page 26 of 174 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

^^Oh yeah, it was major. It's a perfect trashy read that you can't put down. Kind of like The Valley of the Dolls. Gets me every time.

Silver Member

I am in the middle of Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates. I loooooooooove it. I just finished The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, on recommendation from fellow GR posters.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    "Peyton Place" by Grace Metalious
    I've never read it, or seen the movie, but I have heard the book is really good. I have been attempting to get through as many of the classics as I can, so I alternate one of those for one "fun" read, maybe I'll do this one next

^^ Yes, definately read "Peyton Place." It's not quite trash, not quite high-brow literature. Very entertaining, tho. I'm on a classic lit kick, as well. Next up, I think I'm going to read William Thackeray's "Vanity Fair."

I'm annoyed with my local library because they don't seem to have some of the more controversial older books. They have every trashy novel Jackie Collins ever churned out, though!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I cannot believe I missed this thread...thank you posters, for reading and sharing. I will not miss this again. Thank you so much...there exist books that are heaven talking to our hearts...I won't leave this thread alone, now that I have found it. BOOKS............................
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    If you haven't already done so read Bram Stoker's Dracula - it's fantastic. Completely different from all the trash it's associated with it's a masterpiece of modern literature and one of my all time favorites. Read it!!!!
    This is a great read...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

I just finished Prisoner of Tehran, it's an autobiography and very well written, it's hard to believe that people can be so cruel to others, however that once in a while, luck and will helps people survive. I guess what really drove it home for me is that the author lives in my municipal area. I'd love to meet her.

1984 by George Orwell. I had to read it at school years ago and i hated it, but now that I'm older and its not 'work' I'm liking it more this time. I'm having nightmares now about the cage with the rats in it- the torture device they used- eek!

It's an excellent book though, really good example of how keeping people in fear keeps them under control.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This is my first time reading it - it wasn't required in my HS for some reason. I'm not sure I'd have gotten much out of it back then, anyway.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I finished "Death of a Super Hero" - Quite sweet. Now I'm currently reading "Patrimony" by Philip Roth.

I'm currently reading Lipstick Jungle, by Candace Bushnell and after I'll start A baby made in L.A. by Risa Green.
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

Room With A View by E.M. Forster. Puts me to sleep. Every.single.page.of.it.

*snores*
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I started "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote before I went on vaca, more than half way through it and I could barely put it down the whole time we were there. Can't wait to finish it.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

^^ Oh I loved that! Such a unique approach to a story, very gripping.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I agree, kinda slow at the start, was actually thinking about just stopping it, and then it started to get good. All the speculation of who did it and why, and the story of the killers...i really really like it so far. I wish it had pictures of the killers or the family though. I think I'm going to see if I can find anything online. The book keeps mentioning the one guys eyes and how they look evil...i wanna see!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thread Information