Page 169 of 174 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

I really enjoyed the non novella parts, the novella parts were meh and I don't know if its really a second read kinda book.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
    I'm reading
    -waiter rant by Steve Dublanica
    -Dirty little freaks by Jaden wilkes
    -Bared to you by Silvia day

I just read Bared to you and Entwined to you which is the 1st and 3rd of the trilogy earlier this week. Read it based on the fact that it was compared to Fifty shades. They have definitely better writing than Fifty but tame in the sexual content department. Well....to me it was lol.
    In the past two months I've read all 15 books of the Blacktop series by Lorelei James. A modern western trashy romance novel that cured my fifty shades itch. Her writing could use work though but it improves with each book. Her Wound and Unwound which has a martial arts kick to it is of the same nature; they are another good timekilling read.

Finished reading Slash - his autobiography. All I got from it is that Axl is a nutcase and Slash is lucky to be alive.

Currently reading The Phantom of Fifth Avenue by Meryl Gordon (about the famous late heiress Huguette Clark) and Country music broke my brain by Gerry House. Just started both today and already one was eye-raising while the other had me laughing.
    Last edited by whitetigeress; July 4th, 2014 at 02:22 PM.

^How is the Phantom of Fifth ? I have read some of Empty Mansions and want to read that one next

Between life and all the other books I've been reading, I'm only in the first couple chapters yet it's interesting.
    In the first few pages, the family tree and who's who in the book is laid out and that in itself is eye-raising. The book starts with the current family getting together for the first time and suddenly family members jump on the bandwagon to learn about and meet the elusive "Aunt Huguette" who, for reasons of her own, keeps away from them. I'll try my best to finish to give a full review. It usually takes me a full day to go through a novel from start to finish.

sharon tate recollection. it has good photos and essays on the beauty who died in the sixties.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Tibetan Peach Pie: A True Account of an Imaginative Life by Tom Robbins.

If you're a fan of his fiction..his memoirs are just as crazy and beautifully written.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Elite Member

"Fallen" by Ann Simko. This was her debut novel and an awesome thriller that hooks at the first sentence. It's a page turner and never stops. The characters are well developed, including the bad guy The General. For me, the twist was The General's goal was plausible but not ethical. Mrs. Simko does an incredible job of making the reader love them. The plot was riveting and the ending was one of the best I've ever read. In fact it made me cry, because Michael Ricco didn't deserve his fate, but he found peace and friends who love him even though he is an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Tibetan Peach Pie: A True Account of an Imaginative Life by Tom Robbins.

If you're a fan of his fiction..his memoirs are just as crazy and beautifully written.
    I picked it up today because of your post. Love him. Looking forward to this.

I also nabbed the new Christopher Moore- The Serpent of Venice, and The Lost Art of Dress, non fiction book on clothing in the 20th century.
    laynes likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The Interestings - Meg Wolitzer. Great so far.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I just finished Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls - really good and unbelievable that someone turned out even a little normal with that background

Hit By Ban Bus!

I am reading "The Wonder Spot" by Melissa Bank.

czb

Bad Mother by ayelet waldman. pretty funny and entertaining.

Swamplandia!, by Karen Russell.

A book about a family who owns a gator theme park in the swampy everglades in florida. i'm about halfway through and so far it's great. it's spooky, it's funny, it's grotesque and quite touching. i guess you could call it a coming of age story and i didn't think i'd be interested in gators or swamps or theme parks but it's really quite wonderful so far and the writing is superb (swamplandia! was a finalist for the pulitzer prize).

i think our florida members would love this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Great read.

Bronze Member

Opened a random box in the spare room and found all of my old Christopher Moore books - will go back and read Lamb/ A dirty Job/ you suck etc, but first up on the chopping block is the one I picked up purely on name and then forgot to read: Island of the Sequinned Love Nun.

Thread Information