Page 168 of 174 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paige12 View Post
    "The Hobbit".... never been a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy but this book is amazing... nothing like the movie though but way better
    Happy to hear this. I have the book sitting on my nightstand but I've been dreading it because the LOTR books took me three months to get through. This one seemed a lot more interesting though.

I'm halfway through Divergent and I love it. It's a great read if you're into books like The Hunger Games​.

Just finished Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. I really enjoyed it. Now I want to watch the series.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

white noise - don delillo. so far it's excellent. i've even found myself laughing out loud - on the subway - while reading it. people probably thought i was mad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

Finished The Hobbit. I enjoyed it a lot more than the LOTR trilogy.

Halfway through Insurgent and I'm somewhat bored by it. The first one was better.

I am reading "Going Clear. Scientlology, Hollywood, & the prison of belief" by Lawrence Wright. (Yes, the book title has an Oxford comma followed by an ampersand... didn't know you could do that)
    This book is split in two halves: the first part is about Ron Hubbard's life and the creation of scientology. The second part is about the Miscavige era.

I think everybody should read this book: way too often people would laugh about Scientology thinking it's some funny shit for lunatics, but the truth is so much darker. Ron Hubbard was an abusive, violent criminal and there have been so many deaths in the history of Scientology.
    It's a big book, about 500 pages in small print, but extremely well documented and really interesting.

I just read about the involvement of Travolta and the Church and it's a sad story.
    KrisNine likes this.

^^I want to read that one. I read the book by Miscavige's niece and it was frightening to hear the way they treat young children. The work they made these kids do was like hard labor.

I'm currently reading a book called The Blue Hour by T. Jefferson Parker. It's part of a series (Merci Rayborn). I decided to read it because it's about a fictional serial killer and it takes place where I live. It's creepy because all the places they talk about are pretty much real and the place where the killer or killers dump the bodies is a really creepy stretch of road where many bodies have been dumped. Plus, it was 2.99 on my kindle. It's pretty good.

A Season In Purgatory - Dominick Dunne

a very thinly veiled roman a clef look at the murder of Martha Moxley and the Skakel family.

this one sucks you in and you cannot put it down.

Dunne is a master when it comes to writing about the very wealthy and powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. Hilarious so far.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I'm reading
    -waiter rant by Steve Dublanica
    -Dirty little freaks by Jaden wilkes
    -Bared to you by Silvia day
    Elizabeth "How did you know I'd respond to you the way I have?"
    John "I saw myself in you"

The Autobiography of Malcolm X.

Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown. It's a reread for a book club I belong to but it's been years!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I just restarted the Game of Thrones series.

And I pre-ordered Written In My Own Heart's Blood, the 8th installment in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It should ship tomorrow!

Just finished Salt, Sugar, Fat (really loved it) and am starting The Bloody Chamber and greatly like it so far (far, which is like 12 pages lol).

"leave any information at the signal", ed ruscha and alexandra schwartz.

ed ruscha on ed ruscha. interviews, writings, letters, snippets, sketches. a fascinating look at one of my favourite artists of the last 50 years. love it so far.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick , so far it's a little odd but I think I am going to enjoy it

Thread Information