Page 162 of 174 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

The Power of the Dog- Don Winslow

A crime novel about the DEA and CIA's involvement with the war on drugs, and Operation Condor. Not my usual type of book, but it was good.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thanks for the rec. Looking it up.

The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Birthday gift, and it's great so far.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

The End of the Affair -- Graham Greene. Adore it. Really, just fucking loving it.

The Green Shore- Natalie Bakopoulos.

The stories of 4 members of a family, set during the Greek military dictatorship of the late 60's. It's very good.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    The End of the Affair -- Graham Greene. Adore it. Really, just fucking loving it.
    That is one of my all-time favourite books.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Not to mention the movie with Ralph Fiennes :p
    /drools
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Karina View Post
    That is one of my all-time favourite books.
    It's now on the list of my favorites. It's incredible, I can't wait to read more of Graham Greene (EOTA is only the third book of his I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Not to mention the movie with Ralph Fiennes :p
    /drools
    Oh lord, I'm happy to know that. I have a ritual for reading (coffee shop, tea, baked treat) so I can't wait till I finish the book then see the movie.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Splitting my reading between a classic and fluff. I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas for probably the twentieth time and trying out some historical/paranormal romance books, the Darkest London series by Kristin Callihan, which are set in and around Victorian London. There's three main books and a prequel so far: Firelight (book 1) is a little heavier on the romance/lighter on the paranormal payoff than I'd normally read but still good fun. Moonglow (book 2) is stronger on the paranormal intrigue and Winterblaze (book 3) is flat out PNR with very light touches of steampunk here and there.

If you like historical romances (which I wouldn't normally touch but still enjoyed these) and paranormal tales then I'd say give them a go but do try and read them in order as they follow three sisters and the other books can contain spoilers for the preceding ones.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gold Member

Currently reading two books -- "Close to Shore" by Michael Capuzzo and "Time and Again" by Jack Finney. "Close to Shore" is about a series of fatal shark attacks along the Jersey Shore in 1916 and the impact it had on people at the time. "Time and Again" is about a man who volunteers for an experiment without fully knowing what it involves. He ends up going back in time to New York City in 1882. The book contrasts life then in New York City with life now in New York City (but the book was written in the 1970's). I'm not too far into either of them, but they're both good so far.

"Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I love the RHCP and this is about the 3rd time I've read it. Great stories but wow, what a f'd up childhood!

I finished reading The Silver Linings Playbook the other day. I actually prefer the book to the film, they changed a lot for the film which I actually don't like. But the book was really good.

Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman
    So far I love it

I'm up to Book 4 of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones series) - A Feast For Crows. Absolutely loving this series. It was perfect travelling reading too - excellent choice of a highly engaging page turning book or two to take with me for 15 hour flights with screaming children.
    Karistiona likes this.

Silver Member

I previously finished The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, and Love In Mid Air by Kim Wright Wiley. The Language of Flowers is about a former foster child making her way in life. Love In Mid Air is an analysis about marriage and an affair that follows, but it's not chick lit. I loved both books.

I'm now making my way through a bunch of royal family stuff - Diana, Closely Guarded Secret, by Ken Wharfe, The Real Diana, by Lady Colin Campbell, The Housekeeper's Diary, by Wendy Berry, Diana In Search of Herself, by Sally Bedell Smith and Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King, by Penny Junor, because I missed it all the first time it went around. Also, a thread in the Latest Gossip section made me curious about some things.

Thread Information