Page 16 of 174 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Reading The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I'm reading When in Rome... by Gemma Townley
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I just finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It was great!!

Sigh, still working on Gone w/the Wind. I haven't had nearly as much time to read during break as I though I would. I have about 450 pages left now.

I just finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (DaVinci Code author). Wasn't too bad, DaVinci Code was better. Has been a while since I've had time to read a book through; last one was Jane Eyre, a re-read. I read it in Jr. High and that was . . . a while ago. Made more sense this time reading it as an adult! Suppose I should go back and read Wuthering Heights again too.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Reading 'Mediations in Green' by Stephen Wright. About the Vietnam War and drug addiction.

Re-reading 'Love in the Time of Cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez because it's so fucking good.

My fun book is 'Game of Shadows' by Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams about Barry Bonds/BALCO steroid scandal.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Reading a romance novel: Captive of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey

Babylon Babies by Maurice Lautrec
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Horse Whisperer - Nicholas Evans

I like the movie but i think the book is better. Scarlett Johanssan really portrayed the girl as spoilt bitter unlikable little shithead whereas in the book she isn't like that at all.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

read a bunch of books over the holidays.
    'running with scissors' (augusten burrows) which is both hilarious and heartbreaking. i loved it. i kinda want to see the movie now.
    'post office' (charles bukowski). hilarious and kinda depressing, but still great.
    'the corrections' (jonathan franzen). whoa... it's tough to read because it's so much like real life, specifically family. amazingly well written, it really puts you through pretty much every emotion known to man.
    'diary' (chuck palahniuk). a great thriller-esque novel, really well written. thoroughly enjoyable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Honestly, Family Slowcooker Recipes
    Just trying to come up with some different ideas for dinner.

I read The Devil Wears Prada this week and it wasn't as good as I had expected. I read the other book by the same auther (whose name is escaping me at the moment) and the two books were VERY similar. Basically both books are about girls who take jobs they didn't really want and get sucked into a life they don't really want. They both could have been better.

I've just started reading Wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I've just started reading Wicked.

You will have to let us know if Wicked is any good. I have been putting off reading it for sometime now. I just came from amazon.com and almost bought Wicked but decided to hold off because I haven't heard anyone say if it is a good read or not

Wicked is a great read, very political at times, but very good. It's one of my favorite books, although I couldn't get into the sequel. I've tried 3 or 4 times now and have difficulty making it past the first few chapters.

Just finished reading Patricia Corwell "Post Mortem." Never read any of her stuff before, but I got it as a gift for Christmas, so . . . Not sure I'll read any of her other works.

I also got James Patterson "Mary Mary" as a gift, so I'm gonna start that. Never read any of his books either, so I hope it's not a snooze.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information