Page 157 of 174 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Just finished Book 1 of A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) and I'd be starting Book 2 if that pesky thing called work would stop interrupting me.
    Well, I've finished Chapter 1 of the first book of that. I'm really zipping along. lol I keep getting distracted by everything lately. It's like with Hunger Games, it's all going to be one long book if I don't do something to break it up a little. But I'm loving it. Every time they explain something that's been featured on the show, I get so excited.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

It's daunting reading it on the iPad though because if I'm viewing in landscape there's over 11,000 pages and when you're only up to 900 after 3 weeks you realise this is a big commitment.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Just kids, patti smith's memoir about her relationship with Robert mapplethorpe. I can't put it down. I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I can't recommend it enough.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Just kids, patti smith's memoir about her relationship with Robert mapplethorpe. I can't put it down. I'm about 2/3 of the way through and I can't recommend it enough.
    This is one of my favorite books. We were so lucky to find a second printing soft cover Robert Mapplethorpe book (that's the title, it's a huge volume full of his photos) at a thrift store last weekend, it was like $2. I am currently reading: The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell
    sputnik likes this.

I just finished The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen. Time travelers coming back to the present to ensure that history remains the same while other time travelers try to change it. An interesting novel.

I really loved his Last Town on Earth, which was about a town quarantining itself during the 1918 flu pandemic.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn which was a nice wee read, although I found both of the point of view characters to be irritating. I also finished Devil's Knot by Mara Leveritt which I really enjoyed, although I've already read it years ago.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I read Gone Girl recently too. It was alright but I hated that ending, I wanted the bitch to pay for being such a controlling psycho bitch.

I'm reading comedian Moshe Kasher's autobiography Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and Then Turned 16. I like it, he seemed like a feral child with severe problems. Lives up to the title so far.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; May 1st, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

I'm reading comedian Moshe Kasher's autobiography Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and Then Turned 16. I like it, he seemed like a feral child with severe problems. Lives up to the title so far.
    I need to track down a copy of this!

I agree about the ending Bee, although I think she wanted it to be creepy rather than satisfying, which she accomplished. I'm reading another of that author's books, Sharp Objects, at the moment. The main character is a weirdo.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Just finished The Book Thief and Defending Jacob. Liked both of them.

Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Loved the book, but didn't agree with some of her views.

I just read The Art of Fielding in two nights. I don't even like baseball, but it's so much more than that. I heard someone describe the feeling of the reading experience as a sunny, crisp autumn afternoon. A few uneven spots, but an enjoyable read overall.

I've since moved on to Capital... The 08 financial meltdown as told through residents of a London street.

Given that it's summer, am on an Elin Hilderbrand kick again.

I read both of Flynn's novels and don't think I'll read the third one she's working on. Dystopic stories are great, yet hers to me are relentlessly melancholic. Like Jodi Piccoult's come across to me.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Just finished a book on the WW2 event Operation Mincemeat (surprisingly interesting) and now I'm starting to work my way through the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole after being given a few of the paperbacks and some PDFs. They are a light, fast read and probably about 75% smut from the get-go. They'll never be considered fine literature but they're making me look forward to the weekend...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Re-read The Diary of Anne Frank. Something reminded me that I hadn't read it since high school so I downloaded it. Heartbreaking to read her optimistic moments.

Currently reading The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson. I was drawn in since page one, but am not in love with it yet. We'll see.

Thread Information