Page 15 of 174 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

I just finished reading a trilogy by Trudi Canavan, which was OK, but nothing that special. I'm about to start on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for the fiftieth time hehe. I'm obsessed with those books
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I read Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff this past summer. Loved it! It was so funny. I read all the other books by this author as well. They're all pretty good. The Stupidest Angel is funny, because the angel really is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    I'm obsessed with those books
    I guessed that from your icon!
    (By the way, I love the quote in your signature, too...)

I am reading "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: an autobiography": quite a boring book.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I read Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff this past summer. Loved it! It was so funny. I read all the other books by this author as well. They're all pretty good. The Stupidest Angel is funny, because the angel really is stupid
    Ah! I just love Christopher Moore to death dont you?
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Just finished reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks and I balled my eyes out. That guy can really make you cry
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I finished reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I know it came out years ago, but I never got around to reading it until now. And maybe I'm just a hypersensitive softie, but I cried so much. It was so good.
    I cried like a baby the first time I read it right after it came out. I wondered if it was just b/c I had the painters in that week, so I re-read it recently. Cried again then, too. It's just an incredibly sad read.

You might be interested in reading "Lucky" by Sebold. It's an autobiographical account of her early years, focusing mainly on a sexual assault.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The Lord of the Rings. It's my annual read-through.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If I told you guys what I was reading, you'd fall over laughing or roll your eyes. Definitely not mainstream stuff (think academia).

The Owner's Manual
    An Insider's Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger
    by Michael F Roizen, MD & Mehmet C Oz, MD

So far very good read and very informative

Elite Member

I just got done reading Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton and, well, it wasnt as great as Anita fan's hyped it up to be. That and apparently my favourite character, Edward, Doesnt appear all that much through out the series. Maybe you're either a Rachel Morgan fan or an Anita Blake fan and I loved Rachel Morgan.

Dont know whether to read The Historian or Les Mis now.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

^Both good books.
    Go for Miserables - has an undying optimism I find refreshing.

Umberto Eco -The Foucault's Pendulum was a good re-read and The Name Of The Rose it's my favourite.

John Fowles ="The Magus", "The Collector".
    Another latest re-read

For fun read , Terry Pratchet - all the Discworld books ...but I love "The Fifth Elephant", "Witches Abroad" &"Wyrd Sisters"( love Nanny Og) , "Night Watch"(Sam Vimes!), "The Last Continent","The Colour Of Magic".

Latest from Pratchett I read were "A Hatfull of Sky", "Going Postal" "Monstrous Regiment" and "THUD"..

For Christmas, read "Hogfather" -that's Santa with a twist - adaptation now showing on Sky.
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

I'm starting to read Nicholas Sparks's Bend in the Road.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biatch View Post
    ^Both good books.
    Go for Miserables - has an undying optimism I find refreshing.

Umberto Eco -The Foucault's Pendulum was a good re-read and The Name Of The Rose it's my favourite.

John Fowles ="The Magus", "The Collector".
    Another latest re-read

For fun read , Terry Pratchet - all the Discworld books ...but I love "The Fifth Elephant", "Witches Abroad" &"Wyrd Sisters"( love Nanny Og) , "Night Watch"(Sam Vimes!), "The Last Continent","The Colour Of Magic".

Latest from Pratchett I read were "A Hatfull of Sky", "Going Postal" "Monstrous Regiment" and "THUD"..

For Christmas, read "Hogfather" -that's Santa with a twist - adaptation now showing on Sky.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to red Les Mis on my 14 hour road trip to sydney on Friday. Lets see if I can get through it in one go. lol.

I LOVE Terry Pratchett. He, Neil Gaiman and Christopher Moore are brilliant and funny and twisted.
    Chrissie Hynde

Just finished reading Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes and balled my eyes out. This was the first book I read by her and I thought it would be more chick lit than crying material so it came as a surprise. But it was a great book. Now if I can after those Nicholas Sparks books and this one I really want to read a book that won't make me cry

Elite Member

Loved Les Mis and The Historian kept me up for 24 hours so I could finish it. I didnt want to leave it and everytime I tried I would lay awake and then go 'awe screw it'.

Also, 24 hour car trips (12 hours there, 12 hours back) really makes short work of Les Mis.
    Chrissie Hynde

Thread Information