Login to remove the ads!
Page 142 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2557
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^well, I got them today, so I guess I might as well read them. I've never read any of the Twilight books, though, and have no interest in doing so..
    I was slightly interested but I never finished Breaking Dawn. I hear neither these Grey books or Twilight are any good and wonder, why are they so hyped up?

The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. Bought it because the summary on the back made it sound like it was going to be this almost Jane Austen-esque tale set in the college years circa 1982. And the front quote had a Talking Heads lyric. And it was "buy one, get one half off" and I needed to read something.

About halfway in and I don't hate it, but I don't like how bogged down with the little details about the characters he seems to like to describe. Could be because religious studies isn't really my bag and it is for one of the character's. Ad nauseum. It seems to not be getting the greatest of reviews but I"ll finish it.

and then maybe I should write the damn book I thought I was going to be reading.

I'm currently reading Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Just read The Hunger Games. Was depressed for 2 days after :/
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Yeah I get that. Bookstore lady recommended Divergent to me if I liked it and it was good, but not Hunger Games good. Still kinda depressing.

chapman's odyssey by paul bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    same thing happened to me. i finished reading the series on easter and i wish i had made the books last a little bit longer

today i just finished reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. she is so my hero and it was a quick and funny read

The Street Sweeper- Elliot Perlman. A black janitor and an elderly Auschwitz survivor's freindship. I really enjoyed it.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

The chick who wrote the Twilight books should be ashamed. She doesn't come across as a bright, strong woman in interviews so it's no surprise Bella is a completely unlikable, weak, vapid bore.

I started Hunger Games yesterday. It's shocking how fast it sucks you in and the pacing is great. It's been ages since I've read a book that I didn't want to put down.

50 shades of gray......LOVIN THIS BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
    50 shades of gray......LOVIN THIS BOOK

I just finished the trilogy....and I liked them too...

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris. Book number 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Just had it delivered to my Kindle/iPad. Read the first page I'm sure I'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It was very good and it made me alternately sad and frustrated. Tomorrow is supposed to be cool and rainy so I'll have to pick a book to read.
    I just started this one last week; am about halfway through. My friend recommended it and thought it was fantastic. I am enjoying it, just sometimes I feel like the author switches between science journalist and novellist abruptly. I dunno. Maybe it's the fact that she goes from saying what a pleasant face so-and-so has to then spending a few pages explaining how cells work because said person doesn't know and you can't help but feel it's borderline condescending?

I'm probably just talking out my ass right now. I wish I had read this when I was taking cell biology. I need a damn refresher so the explanation pages are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris. Book number 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Just had it delivered to my Kindle/iPad. Read the first page I'm sure I'll love it.
    I just finished this the other day -what did you think of the end ?

I hear the series is getting progressively worse, this being the worst yet. I dont know. I have yet to get past the second book.

Thread Information