Page 129 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Stephen King's "Needful Things." This is a long read, but engaging. I've never read it before, but it's reminding me that King was a great writer back in the day. I don't bother much with his new stuff.

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight- Jimmy Breslin. Tongue in cheek mafia humor. It's ok.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The Fiery Cross - the 4th book in the Outlander series. It is seriously painful, but I'm stubborn so I will gut my way through it.

6 days later I'm still on Needful Things. Damn, this is a long book. I'm finishing this sucker tomorrow.

I just finished reading The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir. Very interesting. I have a weird fascination/obsession with Tudor England. Now I'm reading Halfway to the Grave by Jeanine Frost ... slow going so far but I was told they get much better!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Stick with it Nevan. Once it hits its stride it gets better and the rest of the series is damn good too.

I've just started a re-read of Kingdom of Fear by Hunter S Thompson. Its making me want to break out some booze and watch Fear and Loathing again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I know I am way behind the times but I just finished The Hunger Games. I have the second book, Catching Fire, in my Nook but haven't started it yet.

Has anyone read the Kite Runner? I wonder if it is any good.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Bronze Member hunterlovesgossip's Avatar

World War Z by Max Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I know I am way behind the times but I just finished The Hunger Games. I have the second book, Catching Fire, in my Nook but haven't started it yet.

LOVED Hunger Games! Looking forward to the movie, I hope it does the book justice. I read the whole series although the first book is by far the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Stephen King's "Needful Things." This is a long read, but engaging. I've never read it before, but it's reminding me that King was a great writer back in the day. I don't bother much with his new stuff.
    I recently read "Under the Dome". Man that was long! It was pretty good though. Parts of it plodding, but over all it was satisfying. But I do agree, he doesn't write like he used to. I loved me some SK back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    LOVED Hunger Games! Looking forward to the movie, I hope it does the book justice. I read the whole series although the first book is by far the best.
    Did you hear that they cast Lenny Kravitz as Cinna? Total miscast there. I hate to say it, but I think the movie is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I read Kite Runner a few years ago - good read, can be graphic but good view of Afghanistan life pre/post Taliban.

I was recently looking for light reading and picked up Under the Tuscan Sun - NOTHING LIKE THE MOVIE!! No divorce, no "spur of the moment" purchase, no lesbian friend giving birth, no hot italian romance. A pleasant read on it's own, but why they are similarly titled is beyond me.
    Last edited by JazzyGirl; July 7th, 2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by hunterlovesgossip View Post
    World War Z by Max Brooks
    I totally need to finish that book.

The Nine Lives Of Chloe King - The Fallen
    I checked this out after watching an ep of the show on ABC Family. What can I say, this book isnt for kids. Cussing, underage drinking, these arent really problems. My main problem with the book was Chloe jumping from man to man. In one scene shes all over one guy, the other shes begging another to kiss her. Then when these two guys meet each other Im supposed to feel sorry for her? Shes an okay main character but not particularly likeable. The book never got to the point and really just killed time with Chloes various misadventures with men until the last chapter where all of a sudden the author seems to have decided to get on with the plot. Cue final scene, all is revealed, everyone is happy. Except nothing was revealed besides the fact that Chloe has a lot to learn. If this book wasnt sold as a compilation of all three books in one Id be furious but since the sequel is only a page turn away it really wasnt that bad. Its alright for a time killer and a real page turner once things get going but the trick is making it that far. Id only recommend it if youre really bored, taking a break from another series and cant think of anything else to read.

Bronze Member hunterlovesgossip's Avatar

The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny

It's about religious terrorism and it's utterly fascinating.. it goes through the steps people go through when they break off and become fanatical and how they become more evil than the evil they claim to fight and it examines the dynamics in regards to how the groups operate... just a really interesting read.

Satirical novel about a plane crash that leaves a bunch of pageant queens stranded on an island similar to Lost. Lord of the Flies meets Miss USA.

I thought it was pretty hysterical and well written.

Thread Information