Page 127 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

working on a selection of books i picked up at the library on xeriscaping & organic veggie gardening. i love spring!!

also, working on "a short history of nearly everything" by bill bryson. i picked it up years ago, but never finished it. i started it over on kindle recently, since i find books easier to read in that format for some reason.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Just picked up 'Life' at the library. Keith Richards book. Its a thick ass book, so I'm not surprised. Man has had quite a life.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later.

Blue Boy- Rakesh Satyal.

It's about a gay Indian boy growing up in Cleveland. It's very good so far.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I find it easier to read on Kindle as well. This week I read:

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult - Jodi's formulaic but sometimes I need a page-turner which doesn't require too much thought. This fit the bill. If you like her other books it follows her usual pattern and you will probably like this one too.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman - I had never read anything by Gaiman before and I loved it. So original and funny, and it caused me to continue to think about it to the point that I had some weird dreams about the characters a couple of nights in a row. I'll be re-reading this again at some point.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - just finished this up today. A nice balance of the personal story of the Lacks family and the business of science.

I just finished the Land of Painted Caves. It's the latest novel in the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel. The first book, Clan of the Cave Bear, came out in the 80s so it's been a looooong wait. This last book is #6.

It was fucking AWFUL. So if any of you are fans of the series, don't bother reading it. If you must read it, and I strongly advise you do NOT, then get it at the library.

John Dies at the End. I loved it. It was really funny, freaky at parts, and most of all insanely creative. Now I hear there's a movie being made of it, which has me all excited as a newly made fantard.

I just finished Philip Roth's Nemesis. It was excellent. I have Roddy Doyle's Bullfighting up next.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I had absolutely nothing to read, so I started my son's copy of "The Hunger Games". Unlike the other YA lit that I've tried to read, this was very well written. I've since finished the whole series. All three books were very good. I'm looking forward to the movie. One thing though, I do think the idea is a blatant rip off of the Japanese cult classic, Battle Royale. But it was really well done and very entertaining, so oh well.

I just finished "The Alchemist". Also a great read.

I finished Black Water, and now I'm going to start Real Murders, part of the Aurora Teagarden series.

Bronze Member hunterlovesgossip's Avatar

The Alienist by Caleb Carr.

freedom - Jonathan franzen
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I read The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Allison Weir, and then since I wanted something in a totally different vein I read the Hunger Games series this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Hunger Games series was written.

A biography on Paul Newman. I love the man.

Composition in Black and White: The Life of Philippa Schuyler by Kathryn Talalay.

Fascinating bio. Schuyler was a bi-racial child musical prodigy, raised in a really strange way, spent some of her later life passing. Became a journo, killed in a helicopter crash in Vietnam during the war.

Thread Information