Page 119 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2602
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

i had to read 'life is a dream' in the original spanish for school. i hated it. maybe because i just wanted to get it over with so we could move on to garcía llorca who was next on our list and whom i love but i just couldn't get into calderón. it wasn't just the language either. i had to read don quixote too and i loved that and the language is pretty old fashioned too.
    anyhoo, tell me what you think of it. maybe i need to give it another go.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

OK. I'm reading it in French, though.
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

short stories by truman capote. so far, so good.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

I'm reading "The Girl who Played with Fire". I was worried it might not be as good as the first one, but it is just as good if not better. I'm glad that I watched the movie based on the first book because I can totally envision Lisbeth Salader in this one. She such an intriguing, odd character.

I can't recommend both books enough. It's tragedy about the author's death. He was such a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I'm reading "The Girl who Played with Fire". I was worried it might not be as good as the first one, but it is just as good if not better. I'm glad that I watched the movie based on the first book because I can totally envision Lisbeth Salader in this one. She such an intriguing, odd character.

I can't recommend both books enough. It's tragedy about the author's death. He was such a good writer.
    I have about 60 pages left in "The Girl who Played with Fire". I think it is so much better than "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Much better pacing and action.

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris. It's absolute tripe. I'm rushing through so I can get to my next re-read of The House of The Spirits by Isabel Allende, one of my all-time favourites. I recently re-read all the Harry Potter books, which was amazing as always
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'll admit to enjoying Dead In The Family to a certain extent (although nowhere near as much as the others) when it first came out but some of that was probably just nostalgia for how much I'd enjoyed the earlier books and because it filled a gap while I was waiting for True Blood to restart. When I re-read it a while later it almost felt like it had been pumped out with nothing more than cashing in and fulfilling a contractual obligation in mind. I'd rather CH took a year or two out from writing about Sookie and come back when she has something better to offer rather than just production lining.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Just finished One Day, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I can totally picture Jim Sturgess as Dexter, but not Anne Hathaway as Emma.

Star Island by Carl Hiaasen. Very funny so far.

I am still on Tokyo by Mo Hayder. I do like it but I am a bit slack with reading atm. I am also on a Hayder kick. With the exception of Pig Island I have loved all her books.

The Burning Land...Bernard Cornwall.

Only a few chapters into it but enjoying it so far. He is such a master storyteller. He writes such good dialogue.

This is the fourth and final book of the series.

I finally finished New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, the second Twilight book. It was better than the first but that isnt saying much. Now Im going around reading a few chapters in various books trying to decide which one to read next.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

I've been reading volume 1 & 2 of The Losers comic. The movie inspired me to finally read them.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

The Passage by Justin Cronin. It's really good-and scary!!!

Thread Information