Page 10 of 174 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading??

Default Re: What Are You Currently Reading??

I just finished reading (It took me 6 hours) Janice's Dickinson's book - "No Lifeguard on Duty".

I had seen her on 2 episode's of the surreal life and knew only a tiny bit about her and I gotta say, after reading this book, I think I hate the woman.

Never have I read so much whining. Ok, he sister was sexually molested by their father and he apparently hated Janice for not giving him a blowjob... but to go on and on about it? Everything she does and says that is wrong, she blames on the upbringing from her parents.

She whines about how long it took and how hard she had to work at being discovered - (2 years!!) She whines about how if it wasn't for her, any model that isn't blue eyed and blonde would have never made it. Praise fucking Janice!

The book also name drops all the guys she's had sex with, but doesn't really say much. You can tell the guys she still likes by the comments she makes. She took enough jabs at Sly Stallone to know she was still pissed off at his wanting a DNA test and proving it wasnt his kid.

Janice holds on to the pain and agony of having had lived with those parents of hers. The sister that was molested seemed to read as MOST NORMAL. But while she's whining and complaining about her upbringing she tells the reader how she's either drunk or on some kind of drug instead of taking care of her own children- wtf??? She barely spends anytime with her children because of this and spends most of her time having sex with men she just met (she admitted to sex with alot of guys, but when I read "John Cusack" was one of them, he fell off my list of hollywood hotties )

So, this book is basically about a whiny, expired old "supermodel" who blames anyone but herself and everything on her childhood.

As far as I am concerned, she's just as disgusting a parent as the parents she bitches and complains about - if not worse, because she claims to be damaged because of it - you'd think she'd know better when it came to raising her own.

I just finished Janice's newest called "Check Please!"-a dating guide. It was vaguely amusing.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    Reading a biography of Bob Dylan at the moment...pretty good but I think I'm overdosing on biographies at the moment. Need a good novel.
    oooooooo i love biographies! i have like a million on old hollywood movie stars; very very entertaining even if they stretch the truth often

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, I like bios as well but the ones I've been reading lately seem to revolve exclusively around musicians and I'm back to remembering what pigs they can be when it comes to women. Need a good historical bio or similar. Any suggestions?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^ It's sort of a twist on a bio, but I really enjoyed "The Autobiography of Henry VIII" by Margaret George. It was nice to read, because everything else shows Henry as a fat old womanizing cad, and this sorta gives a different point of view, since really it's from his own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness
    ^^ It's sort of a twist on a bio, but I really enjoyed "The Autobiography of Henry VIII" by Margaret George. It was nice to read, because everything else shows Henry as a fat old womanizing cad, and this sorta gives a different point of view, since really it's from his own point of view.
    I LOVED that book! He really wins you over...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    oooooooo i love biographies! i have like a million on old hollywood movie stars; very very entertaining even if they stretch the truth often
    Has anyone read the new Ava Gardner bio? have read many books on her, including her own but this one looks good. I have a bid in on one because the hardcover price is so steep!

^^ I know eh? I actually read it before I learned about him in school, and so I was totally biased towards him! "No, you don't understand! He's just misunderstood!" Lol.

Hollywood Divorces- Jackie Collins.
    I love her books, theyre so full on. Its about Hollywood after all. Amazing thing is, Jackie says that she tones her characters and stories down. "The truth is much more bizarre". !!

^^It's too bad she can't write worth a damn and that her plots are all the same.

I'm with you, Pacific. I do read Jackie Collins when I need some beach brain candy but I always feel dirty afterwards. And guilty that I actually spent money on such crap.

Right now I'm reading some Nikolai Gogol and can't believe I didn't discover this guy earlier. FAbulous stuff.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Oh I love reading Jackie Collins when I am bored!

Currently I have just started reading Kathy Reichs Bare Bones.

I just started Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire again (it's the sequel to Wicked). I've had it on my shelf since December and I just can't seem to get into it, which is sad b/c I loved Wicked.

Silver Member

I'm reading Stefan Zweig's Marie Antoinette.

A few days ago I started reading 'Six Wives- The Queens of Henry XIII'. So far I really really like it.

That sounds good Calendargirl. Let me know how it was when you finish.

I'm reading 'Dubliners' by James Joyce. For some reason I never got around to it and am really enjoying it.

--Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information