Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: What are you currently reading? (2.0)

^ love that book.

I just finished Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyemi. It was pretty good.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Karl Ove Knausgård is a Norwegian author, known for six autobiographical novels, titled My Struggle.

"Self-loathing is a big part of my life."

I caught his face on Charlie Rose. Never heard of him but he had that sophisticated Scandinavian sheep dog Big Lebowski hair. Head hung low, fantastic hands, looks older than his age to me, very sexy. Somebody here has to know who he is. Married, 4 kids, gorgeous age appropriate wife also a writer. Better live than in photos. Hair's too dirty. I love clean hair.

Those fingers.

greysfang likes this.

I'm reading The Narrow Road to the Deep North. I'm enjoying it but I can't tell if it's me or the book.... I can't read more than a couple of chapters and I fall asleep. It's taking me forever to finish.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Girls Like Us. Its a biography of Joni Mitchell, Carole King, and Carly Simon. I've had this book for months and just cracked it open. Its pretty good so far. I'm hoping it has information about them that I don't know, because I know a LOT about these three because I love them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Justine by Lawrence Durrell. It's beautifully written, I love it.

All Around the Town, by Mary Higgins Clark.

I don't normally like any books that deal with child abduction and abuse, but this one results in the now grown victim revealing split personalities.

I find the subject of multi personalities to be fascinating, any recommendations for fiction based on that topic? I did read "Sybil" many many years ago.

Catch-22. I want to be able to tick off more boxes on those "100 Books Everyone Must Read" lists and such.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNotBitter View Post
    Catch-22. I want to be able to tick off more boxes on those "100 Books Everyone Must Read" lists and such.
    ha, I'm doing the same thing. I wasn't too impressed with Catch-22. Currently reading "A Town Like Alice" and so far it's okay.

A couple of collections of Raymond Carver short stories. I read Cathedral a few years ago and didn't care much for it, but I read it again recently and loved it, and bought some more.
    pwry likes this.

Gold Member

Started the first Game of Thrones book today and I'm somewhat obsessed. I've never seen the show and now I kind of want to watch.

Girl on the train, perfect for a quick read while traveling, 'Elisabeth is missing' not so much, I keep getting lost, wierd narrative but beautiful language

Damien Echols - Life After Death. I can't with this guy, he is so fucking pretentious. I hate him and his pen pal wife.

I recently started reading Game of a Thrones as well.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Girl on the train, perfect for a quick read while traveling, 'Elisabeth is missing' not so much, I keep getting lost, wierd narrative but beautiful language
    I read "Girl on a Train" not too long ago and the main character made me want to beat her with a stick.
    kasippu, missbazilb, Fran2 and 1 others like this.

I'm currently reading the Silo series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silo_(series) by Hugh Howey. This guy is a bit of an inspiration to me; he created a relatively simple yet riveting story and setting and brought it to life. Then he published it himself! Now he's also managed to sell the film rights to it (and I hope that gets off the ground at some point, as well).

It's also priced amazingly well (for the digital reader, anyway!)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information