Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    Breaking Dawn is actually good, the whole middle part of the book is Jacob which is weird, but on second reading I really enjoyed it. And really, the whited out part *had* to happen, Meyer had been setting that up since Twilight!! At the end of the day it's her story, and if she wants a happy ending then so be it. I liked it, once I got over the OMG'ness of what happens in BD.
    It just leaves Jacob an empty character, in my opinion, when before that he was one of my favourites because he had an actual purpose, and not a positive, happy-go-lucky, rainbows out of his arse one
    Last edited by levitt; January 15th, 2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    It just leaves Jacob an empty character, in my opinion, when before that he was one of my favourites because he had an actual purpose, and not a positive, happy-go-lucky, rainbows out of his arse way
    ITA. I hated the part of the story where he narrates and on.
    Bella was the narrarator the entire series.. why change?

I felt like another author wrote the 4th book.. I did not enjoy it at all!

I've not even read Breaking Dawn, haha - I bought it for my housemate who also reads the series and she said she enjoyed it, and I asked her to tell me what happened as I'd heard so many bad reviews and didn't want to waste my time.

I'm glad she did, it completely put me off the whole book. I hope in some ways Meyer writes a fifth book that isn't Midnight Sun just so the last book in the series isn't a complete cop-out. Can't see how she can save Jacob though, she seems to have nicely tied all his plot together half-heartedly...sigh.

I just started reading New Moon. Is Edward really gone? Because if he is, I'm not reading the rest of this crap.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Do not worry greys .

I read all of them. I agree that the part where Jacob narrates in Breaking Dawn is my least favorite part. I really enjoyed all the novels. Did you guys know that Stephenie Meyer started writting Edward's version of Twilight (which is called Midnight Sun). You can download it on her website. There's 260 pages. I read that too and I found it pretty interesting to read Edward's side of the story. I hope she gets back into it soon and finishes it. For those interested here's the link:

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

I'm going to see the movie tonight.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    ^^ Do not worry greys .

I read all of them. I agree that the part where Jacob narrates in Breaking Dawn is my least favorite part. I really enjoyed all the novels. Did you guys know that Stephenie Meyer started writting Edward's version of Twilight (which is called Midnight Sun). You can download it on her website. There's 260 pages. I read that too and I found it pretty interesting to read Edward's side of the story. I hope she gets back into it soon and finishes it. For those interested here's the link:

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

I'm going to see the movie tonight.
    I started reading that but I didn't want it to affect how I enjoyed Twilight so I stopped. I'm very protective of my Twilight babies!

And like I mentioned upthere ^^ I hope she writes another book, that isn't Midnight Sun, to finish the series...but I'm doubtful

Oh I absolutely adore Midnight Sun, it's so nice to hear Edward's side of the story and discover that inside, he's really insecure and sarcastic and such. Love it. Hope hope hope she finishes it!

I predict a Renesmee/Jacob/Nahuel book in the future.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I'm not going to ask who Nahuel is as I haven't read the book...

And I think due to my current real life situations I'm being very critical of Edward. Oh, how predictable - he's insecure! Yet looks like an actual God and girls fall all over themselves for him...sigh.

-hating men right now-

Confession...I just started reading Twilight and I really like it.
    Meyer is no Jane Austen or even J.K. Rowling, but she tells a good story and it's flat out entertaining. I'm about 1/2 way through the book.

I like the books,but Bella annoys the hell out of me.

Cherry that's my point exactly!! Glad you're enjoying

just finished new moon. damn bella is annoying and i realised that i didnt really care for the middle part of the book. my interest of the book picked up when they went to italy.

i downloaded midnight sun. should i read it even i havent finished the series? would it spoil me too much?

I personally liked Midnight Sun more than Twilight,Edward's perspective is much more interesting than Bella's.

Ok I finished Twilight, like I said upthread, it was good entertainment but good GOD...Mayer needs to lay off the constant blathering on and on and ON about how beautiful and perfect Edward is. We get it, he's hot, you don't need to repeat it over and over again. Seriously who edited this?! All that said, I'll be reading New Moon next.

Hahaha I think she has a major crush on Edward it gets a little better, but not by much.

Oooh good stuff, be sure to tell us how you like it! I pretty much cried my way through New Moon lol couldn't hold it together at all.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information