Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer

Yes it's definitely hard to keep yourself interested when there's no Edward, but you get to see Jake before he turns into a pain in the ass (in my opinion) and that's quite good. Plus, feeling the depth of Bella's torture when he's not there is definitely worth reading, if a bit traumatic.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I just finished New Moon, and it finally occurred to me that people may think I picked the screenname Laurent and my avatar after the Laurent in this series - I didn't! I only just started reading these books a week ago! I thought about changing my avatar, but can't bring myself to do it.

Okay, I finished Breaking Dawn this weekend and it is definitely the worst of the lot. I'm a sci-fi reader and even my well-practiced mind can't suspend THAT much disbelief. Renesmee? WTF?!?!

BD is so bad I'm freakin' pissed off, and I thought New Moon was weak, sheesh!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, BD was a little bit of a disappointment because I think Steph Meyer tried to tie it all up a little too neatly. Like greysfang said, "Renesmee? WTF?" I still enjoyed it, though, and remain enchanted by the series. I love Edward but was pulling for Jake all the way... I really like Taylor Lautner as Jacob in the movie, as well. I'm glad they're keeping him on for New Moon.

I'm still scratching my head wondering how they're going to film BD in all it's... uh... glory. You know which scene I mean.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
    Robert Frost

I'm in the middle of Breaking Dawn. Renesmee has to be the most awful name I've ever heard...it sounds like a pageant name. And all of the icky. Still reading though...

She should have just named her Renee Esmee...it no worse than Billy Jean or Billy Bob.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I'm in the middle of Breaking Dawn. Renesmee has to be the most awful name I've ever heard...it sounds like a pageant name. And all of the icky. Still reading though...
    renesmee??!!!
    LOL
    it takes a lot of trashiness to invent a name that bad. totally pageanty.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    Ahh finally, I've figured out why I hate the name so friggin much (other than it being odd)! It's pagenty!

Spooky do you mean the giving birth/transformation part??

Im in the middle of eclipse. I finallly found a site to read it online. The wait at the library is too long but I did pick up Breaking Dawn this AM.

I dunno if it being online or it just sucks, I found myself skipping a lot reading Eclipse.

Edward is such a control freak.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post

Edward is such a control freak.
    Yes, he is and it's kinda strange that teenage girls find it hot.

I didn't notice Edward being a control freak as much as I did Jacob Black being some borderline psycho. What the fuck is the message Eclipse is trying to convey? That all Bella needed was a man to get aggressive with her physically and won't quit until she knuckles under and says she's in love with him. It's creepy. The most unrealistic thing about this book is how much shit Edward puts up with from Bella.

Lol I don't think that Edward is necessarily a control freak, it's more than he's completely (most of the time unnecessarily) overdramatic and if he thinks Bella's going to get herself into trouble he goes bananas. He's a drama queen, but he's got a heart of gold .

Ekee I actually really enjoyed Eclipse on the second read especially, apart from the fact that Jake is a bit of an arse; but then he's only like that because he realises that his time is limited, and he knows that he could be better for Bella in the sense that he's closer to human (allegedly) than Edward is. When he's just being Bella's friend, or in Breaking Dawn, he's actually pretty funny and not nearly so...fiesty

I finished Eclipse last night.

Eclipse has such potention... I read the plot line before I read the entire thing and thot it was actually the best story out of them. Major disappointment.

Some scenes just drag on and on.

I understand why Edward is being so productive but it's still annoying... not as much as Jacob though.

So... Bella agreed to marry Edward so that she can get laid. Did I get that right?

Lol no Bella agrees to marry Edward because she wants him to be the one who changes her, like one final confirmation to her that he really and truly wants her forever. The fact that she's horny is just an extra thing, she's freaking out that she won't continue to be horny if she's changed into a vamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    So... Bella agreed to marry Edward so that she can get laid. Did I get that right?
    Yeah, that's what it really looks like. I get that the author is trying to go for something else, but comes across in a way that Bella looks like an immature asshole yet again.

That Edward's been around for 100 years and the best he's come across is Bella is sad. I can't figure out what it is he is supposed to see in her.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information