Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: SPOILER WARNING - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Rowling said in a few interviews she gave after the release that both Harry and Ron are Aurors now and Hermione is in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
    I think she said that Ron joined George in the joke shop.

Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie View Post
    I think she said that Ron joined George in the joke shop.
    I just re-read the transcript of Rowling's web chat, and you're right.

I would've sworn I remembered her saying that Ron was an Auror like Harry in her "Today Show" interview, but maybe not.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I was confused as shit myself after reading and probably shouldn't explaining anything but I'll attempt.

When Voldemort tried to kill Harry for the first time, Lily's sacrifice protected Harry and Harry continued having this protection in him.
    Harry also had a piece of Voldemort's soul in him when Voldemort accidentally created a Horcrux when he tried to kill him.
    Now, what Voldie did that was monumentally stupid was take Harry's blood to resurrect himself at the end of Goblet of Fire. That means that both Voldemort and Harry shared the same blood which means they also shared Lily's sacrifice. Now, the sacrifice applied specifically to Harry which means that when Voldie AKed Harry, Lily's sacrifice prevented him from hurting Harry and he therefore killed only the part of him that was in Harry (the flayed looking newborn thingie in that David Lynch like sequence at King's Cross). I suppose that if Voldie didn't have Lily's sacrifice in him he would have killed both Harry and the part of himself though I'll admit that this part is somewhat confusing and convoluted.
    Thanks a lot..it kind of makes more sense to me in a big way now. I agree though..that part is still a little out there to comprehend. I guess it's a matter of looking back on all the happenings in the other books and sort of putting them together with what was given in this book and then understand everything. Either way, I just am sad to see the series end. She should write another about Harry's children at Hogwarts..that would be interesting. Then again..coming up with a plot for that probably wouldn't be quite as easy seeing Voldie is dead..

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I just re-read the transcript of Rowling's web chat, and you're right.

I would've sworn I remembered her saying that Ron was an Auror like Harry in her "Today Show" interview, but maybe not.
    She did say that on the "Today Show." And then said he'd joined the joke shop in the web chat.

Good grief. I really need a life ....

She had me up until that last chapter. It was like she got tired and said here you go. I thought that a lot of the deaths were just overkill (Hedwig, Fred, Lupin and Tonks). I actually thought there was going to be something to Harry being the godfather of an orphaned child but he was barely mentioned at the end like he just came over for visits. I would have loved to have known if he and Bill and Fleur child were part werewolf. I would have much rather have heard what they had been doing through the years. Also, I know I'm in the minority here but I always thought Harry and Hermoine should end up together. Plus I was kind of angry that it appeared that Sirius was totally ignored at the end. (Unless of course Lily's name was Lily Sirius or some lame crap like that.) I was totally vindicated that Snape was a good guy. I've been saying that from the beginning. All in all I still love the series but I was very disappointed by this book.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information