Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire - GRRM

Weeeeell Baelor and Valarr from Dunk and Egg, and Rhaenys had dark hair. I think from Dany's vision of her son, he would have had black hair and purple eyes too. I think it's something to do with the incest babies, those ones were all kids from Dornish people, or Dany and Drogo. Lyanna supposedly looked like Arya, and Arya and Jon are really similar. I think Wylla was perhaps a wetnurse that Neddard found after Lyanna passed away.

Oh and Scooter I've not thought about Dany's son possibly being alive, didn't Jorah see him dead though?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I think that Dany's son is definitely dead. It goes with the dragons being her only children now. I am not 100% sure she's infertile, though. In A Dance with Dragons [spoilers, highlight to read] at the end it really reads a bit like she had a miscarriage. We'll see, I suppose.[/spoilers]

Wish GRRM would be a little more focused in his writing. I skimmed through large parts of ADwD because I couldn't care less about the Iron Islands and about all those Dornishmen. I should give it a proper read at some point.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

I wondered about that too although I wasn't sure if it was a miscarriage - and if so, thank god she's not given birth to baby Daario - blech!, or if she had the pale mare sickness. If she's to be queen of Westeros it'll be hard for her to be infertile since that's pretty much the queen's role.

I freaking hate the Iron Islanders and if I never have to read the word nuncle again I'll be happy. I really liked the Dornishmen, although I definitely liked them better on the second read-through once I'd got my head around why they were trying to get in good with Dany.

Elite Member

I'm thinking the whole 'When the sun rises in the West, go back to go forward' Prophesy might be something about 'turn back time'. Jorah said he saw the baby, but he is the only one living (burned witch) to know anything about it and he has been duplicitous in the past. How much did you love "I do not require your screams. Merely your life".....

See I'm thinking that Mirri Maz Dur was just being a bitch when she said all that, I think she knew that Dany would be infertile after losing her baby, then she knew that Dany was going to kill her so decided to mess with her a bit. It's even possible that she knew of the Targaryen's penchant for insanity and wanted to play on it a little. That was a totally badass line though!

Mkay, bitches... now that the third season of Shameless is over, I've got a little time to kill. Bought the first 4 books and Season 1...Reading the book now and really enjoying it. Not edumacated enough to make any guesses on anything... I've only made it to those evil fucking twins and the imp...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well don't read the blooming spoilers! There's much and more good stuff to come

I have been consumed by these books for a couple of months (and have a permanent crick in my neck to show for it) and I'm currently wandering with Brienne and Dicky Nobb or whatever his name is. Couldn't give a rat's about the Iron Islands (although I'm worried about that dragon horn) and the Dornish chapters are slightly more interesting but for some reason every time someone says "sand snakes" it sets my teeth on edge. At this point everything is filler to pass time between Jaime's chapters.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yeaaaah Feast for Crows is a bit....draggy at times. I hope and pray that Dany's dragons will melt the Iron Islands like Harrenhal and there'll be no more bloody Ironborn. The only one I remotely like is Asha, but every time she says "nuncle" I want to break things.

Nuncle! WTF does that even mine, is it supposed to be "mine uncle" or is it just some lame Ironborn thing? I agree Asha is the most interesting of them but that's not saying much. I am so sick of that Damphair droning on and on and his swilling salt water out of a hip flask. Get some alcohol into you FFS!

A Feast for Crows was soo draggy. I read it and really liked it, but got tired of the Iron Islands and also I get SOOO tired of Cersei. Arya and Jon are my favorite story lines.

At least Cersei's chapters are full of her weird justifications for being such a psycho bitch, plus she talks about Jaime a lot and at this point he's my main reason for reading because I haven't heard from Arya or Lord Snow since Book 3 and they're my favourites too (along with Dany and Brienne and for some strange reason Davos).

Cersei's chapters are by far the most entertaining, she's an absolute nutter. I love love love Davos too, he's just about the only decent guy left in Westeros. I don't know why GRRM decided to split the books the way he did, I know the split was enforced by his publisher because it was originally one book but it would have been literally too big to bind, but the split of characters isn't wonderful.

^Yep I think I love the Onion Knight because he's so honest - you know he will always say what he really thinks and I always read his chapters expecting him to lose his head (or burn to death) because he's too noble to lie.

Me too, he makes for very stressful reading
    faithanne likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information