Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost

Once you get to the Vlad series, he's going to be your favorite too, I bet!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I finished book six and started on Once Burned last night, so we'll see. I love Spade best, outside of Cat and Bones. I like Vlad quite a bit, so I guess I'll see if I like it best. I'd much prefer an Annette book over Ian. If I had my way, Bones would stand aside and let Cat stake the shit out of him.

I liked the Mencheres book and wouldn't mind another.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I enjoyed the Mencheres book too and was surprised at how much I liked him as a fleshed-out character in his own right. But I'd really like to see an Anette book because so far we've had books for Spade, Mencheres, and two out of three for Vlad (not that I'm complaining... ) so it would be nice for a female supporting character to get her own standalone.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So I finished the Vlad books and liked them a lot, but I'm pissed they ended with a cliffhanger. She hasn't done that before that I noticed. Spade is still my fav and I hope he gets another book.

I think I read something about a prequel book possibly, which I would love. So now I've read all the books in the series and will get the short stories at some point. Do you guys have any recommendations for other series? Y'all have good taste.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole isn't too bad. Its more romancey than the NH books but still a good, quick read to pass the time with. Plus there's also quite a few books in the series so far, so if you enjoy the first you have plenty more to keep you busy.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I got a few more! The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews - You can do no wrong with this one! I inhaled the latest book which came out last week - Magic Rises. It has a complicated world-building, which is set in a post apocalyptic world where magic and technological battle each other out. The heroine is fantastic, snarky and there is a fun buildup with the romance with a shapeshifter called Curran. It is one of my all time favourite series and I love the humour and action and the vamps are seriously freaky - they're like zombie creatures who are controlled by a faction called the people who uses them for tasks. But if they lose control of them they go on the rampage. if you like Jeaniene Frost then you will love this one.

Another rec is Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series which has a much better take on the fae and werewolves. I like the pack dynamics and the heroine is a mechanic who shapeshifts into a coyote. Although she gets caught up in vampire politics and fae shenanigans and for paranormal romancey stuff - definitely anything by Nalini Singh. Her psy/changeling series is more PNR while her Guild Huntress series is more darker toned. But I love these authors and they've consistently delivered.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

If you haven't read the short story in The Bite Before Christmas, you really should.

done!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Jeaniene Frost has announced that the next Cat and Bones book will be the last.

The grave stops here | Frost Light

I'm sad to hear that but also glad that she isn't going to screw her readership with a story that she feels has run its course for the sake of squeezing more money out of people *cough* Charlaine Harris *cough*. I'm looking forward to seeing what fresh characters and ideas she comes up with next.

Ouch. I applaud her decision though.

She sold a new series to Harlequin last year. Its called the Realmwalker series and its a bit New Adultish. Its slated for next year but it could change but I am glad she's ending it without dragging the series and I am enjoying the spinoffs!

The other short stories (the ones I've been able to get) are all fun, but the only one that ought to be read is Bite Before Christmas. Its got a nice reveal in it, though not a major plot point. I really enjoyed the Chance/Isabella story in Weddings from Hell, but Bones only makes a cameo and there's no Cat at all. Unbound is a prequel for Bones (pre-Cat) and can definitely be skipped. Its just him doing a job as a bounty hunter. Haunted By Your Touch is a demon story, no vamps at all, though I wouldn't mind at all if she expanded on this world and these characters. Raphael was HOT.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I finished book six and started on Once Burned last night, so we'll see. I love Spade best, outside of Cat and Bones. I like Vlad quite a bit, so I guess I'll see if I like it best. I'd much prefer an Annette book over Ian. If I had my way, Bones would stand aside and let Cat stake the shit out of him.

I liked the Mencheres book and wouldn't mind another.
    Thread necro of sorts for Greys because I'd forgotten about this. A while ago I asked JF on Facebook if she had any plans for a standalone for Annette and as of right now she hasn't, but she appreciates Annette having fans of her own who'd ask.

Who knows though, now the idea is there...

Planting seeds sometimes brings a harvest. We're getting really close to the final book, it's out in January.

I just got an email that the next Vlad book is available for preorder and will be out in January 2015.
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information