Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marie's 2007 Book Log

Title: Shopaholic and Baby

Author: Sophie Kinsella

Genre: Chick Lit

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10: 7.5

Synopsis: from Sophie Kinsella | New Releases
    Star of the bestselling Shopaholic series Becky Bloomwood (now Brandon) is pregnant! But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke's glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky's perfect world starts to crumble. She's shopping for two . . . but are there three in her marriage?

My thougths: Not my favorite of the Shopaholic series but it was still a pretty good book.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Title: The Pretender

Author: Celeste Bradley

Genre: Historical Romance

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5

Synopsis: from Celeste Bradley
    The Pretender
    SHE HAD A SECRET SHE'D DO ANYTHING TO HIDE.
    Agatha Cunnington, headstrong beauty from the country, has come to London in search of her missing brother James. The only clue she has is a cryptic letter signed "The Griffin." Agatha decides to disguise herself as a respectable married woman so that she can go about the city unnoticed. But for her charade to work she needs a suitable "husband," preferably someone tall, elegant and rakish--Someone like Simon Rain.

HE HAD A SECRET HE'D DO ANYTHING TO HIDE.
    Simon Rain is a member of the Liar's Club, a renegade group of rogues and thieves in the service of the Crown. When someone begins murdering members of the undercover cabal one by one, Simon is given the mission to bring in James Cunnington, one of his comrades who is suspected of betraying his brothers. Simon goes undercover and infiltrates the home of "Mrs." Agatha Applequist--who he believes is James's mistress. Before Simon knows what's happened, he finds himself irresistibly drawn to Agatha's soft, feminine charms--and he is tempted beyond reason to break the first rule of the Liar's Club: Never fall in love.

My thougths: Really enjoyed this book! It was my first time reading Celeste Bradley but not my last I've already read 4 of the Liar's Club books
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Title: The Impostor

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10: 8.0

The Impostor
    WHO IS THE IMPOSTOR?
    It isn't easy moving about Society dressed like a dandy--especially when one is a ruthless spy. But that's precisely the latest mission for Liar's Club master Dalton Montmorency. Dalton is posing as Sir Thorogood, the elusive cartoonist whose scathing political caricatures have all of London abuzz. The true identity of Sir Thorogood is a mystery, and Dalton hopes that impersonating him will flush out the real menace before his cartoons do further damage to the government. Now, if Dalton could only find a way to get the irksome, yet oddly appealing widow Clara Simpson off his trail...

When Clara meets Sir Thorogood at a ball, she's certain he is an impostor--because she's the true Sir Thorogood. Secretly penning the cartoons under the frothy nom de plume, Clara hopes to save enough money so that she can leave her in-laws and find a new life. Now she is determined to reveal an impostor's identity--and that means doing some undercover work herself. But pretending to be someone you're not has a funny way of making a woman do things she wouldn't ordinarily dream of--even if it drives her straight into the arms of her devilishly handsome adversary!

My thougths: I really enjoyed book 2 of The Liar's Club series.

Title: The Spy

The Spy
    WHO IS THE SPY?
    James Cunnington has a pressing mission at hand: He must find the daughter of a missing code breaker for the Liar's Club, a man suspected of turning traitor for Napoleon. Time is of the utmost concern. While it is evident that his ward's new tutor has something to hide, James is unaware that the woman he seeks now resides under his very roof...

Desperate and destitute, Phillipa Atwater must don gentlemen's clothing to pass herself off as the scholarly young tutor. Her clever--if itchy--disguise allows her time to pursue her quest to find her father, ruthlessly abducted by French spies. Closely guarding the cryptic notebook he entrusted to her care, she senses danger all around her--even in the home of her roguishly handsome new employer, James Cunnington. Now Phillipa is about to discover that desire can be as lethal as a well-aimed bullet...

My thougths: One thing that I really like in this series is that you actually meet all the characters in prior book. This one is another good one.

Title: The Charmer

The Charmer
    WHO IS THE CHARMER?
    Collis Tremayne could make any female swoon; yet no one would guess the hidden desperation that drove him to become the most skilled spy in service to the Crown. All that stand in his way is...Rose Lacey, the first female Lair and a confounding chit who manages to outsmart him with cunning and courage. She is the only woman he cannot melt with his smile. With every breath, he wishes he had never laid eyes on her. And with every flash of her green eyes, he craves to possess her...

Rose Lacey fought hard to meet the challenges of becoming a spy for the infamous Liar's Club. And if it weren't for Collis Tremayne, who manages to make her blood boil with his arrogance and leave her breathless with white-hot longing, she'd achieve her dream. Now, they must work together on a secret mission to uncover a dangerous plot--one in which the very safety of England hangs in the balance. Armed with wit and wiles, they must face deadly intrigue, clever enemies, and if they can manage not to murder one another--the intoxicating lure of unbidden passion...

My thougths: What can I say a good series all in all. I still have one to read in the series but I don't have it, so I'll start on the Royal Four serie...which I'm also missing a book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information