Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Making of Dr. Phil: The Straight Talking True Story

^^^AWESOME BUTTMUNCH, loves it!!!!

Wouldn't you just love to know what he was like while his kids were growing up???

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

An overbearing bastard, which is why his kid Jay has married a Playboy bunny and is now can't get a job without his daddy's help. What is that little prats qualifications for 'counseling' teens, anyway? Being the spawn of Dr. Blowhard?

***edit: ugh. This is who Jay McGraw is. *runs off to vomit at the incredibly high bullshit factor involved here:

I am Jay McGraw, New York Times best-selling author of four books. I am currently enrolled at Southern Methodist University. But to really answer your questions, I am also the son of Dr. Phil, the guy known as America's Life Strategist, the guy that Oprah has nicknamed "Dr. Tell It Like It Is Phil." Your parents probably know my dad well; in addition to appearing on the Oprah show about once a week, he writes books teaching them how to improve their life. In fact, he wrote the original Life Strategies.

My dad is a psychologist who has spent his whole life studying human behavior. He is fascinated at figuring out why people do what they do and don't do. He really analyzes things, top, side and bottom. Think of having to grow up with a dad like that! (I'm hoping you'll join in a chorus of sympathy moans for me and my little brother!) He really knew how to chap my ass sometimes, but I have to admit, all in all, it hasn't been that bad of a deal.

Using the ten Life Laws from Life Strategies, you will learn to take control and get the things that you want using your own personal power. While it is true that you cannot control every aspect of your life, you are not powerless, and you are not trapped. You can influence major parts of your life much more than you can ever imagine. You can get more freedom and more control over what happens to you. You can set up your life in such a way that your parents will no longer treat you like a little kid. You can command the respect of others, instead of feeling like they are controlling their feelings and your moods. You can set up your life so you'll quit worrying about your future and start creating it.
    If all you want to do is bitch and whine about how lousy your life can be, then there's no need to read my books. If you want to believe you already know everything that you need to know, stop reading. If you want to continue to ignore what power and influence is at your fingertips, then give my books away. Or you can let me save you a lot of time and trouble. I want to show you how you can take responsibility and make your life what you want it to be. I want to show you how to re-claim your relationship with your teen or parent.

http://www.jaymcgraw.com/html/biography.asp
    Oh, and here's a nice link about him that features some lovely pics of his 'model' wife posing with her triplet sisters. Love the triple ass shot.http://www.imnotobsessed.com/category/jay-mcgraw/

Oh my...I just found the best website that is ripping on little Jay like mad. I'm not sure I can link from here but if anyone wants it, pm me. Apparently Jay has man boobs, drives alot of expensive cars, he won't do anything without checking with his agent first and drinks alot of Red Bull. Oh, and he's a tool (big shock there.).
    Last edited by buttmunch; October 12th, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

this dr. phil is really too much
    why does anyone watch his awful show
    *dreadful*

A*O

Hahahaha! They showed a repeat of one of my fave shows yesterday. A 30something single mom with an out of control 13yr old daughter who:

Drinks at home
    Smokes (cigs and dope) at home
    Has sex with 18yr old bf at home
    Has all the local teenage bums sleeping over 6 nights a week
    etc etc etc

The mother is OK with all this because it happens at home so she knows where her daughter is. In fact she buys the booze and cigs for them and has no clue who the teenbums or their parents are. Her daughter won't get preggo because mom has 'explained all that kinda stuff' and she won't report the 18yr old bf for statutory rape because it will upset her daughter.

Dr Windbag used his "30yrs of experience as a fully qualified psychologist" to point out where this fucking moron just MIGHT be going wrong (anyone want to take a guess?) and she just sat there staring at him in bewilderment with no idea what he was talking abut. Priceless.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think they should have brought in blowhard junior (Jay McGraw) to 'talk some sense to this out-of-control teen'. Because, you know, Jay can tell it like it is in a language that teens understand, right? Ok, maybe only nerdy, man-boobed teens with a blowhard for a father...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I remember Dr. Phil's family and thought he was an ass to the younger daughter. She ahd been acting up at school or something and he asked her point blank whether or not she was having sex. The girl was 13 or 14 and I can only imagine her mortification at that moment. I guess it never occured to big Phil that she might have been acting up because every hairy little problem her family had was being broadcast on national television. Anyone remember the name of that family? I'd be curious to see what happened to them.

I saw the follow up show on them. The eldest w/the baby (he's now a toddler) seems to be doing well in school and her family is helping raise the baby. The younger sister also seems to be doing well. I wouldn't expect them to show anything different, though, since it would reflect poorly on the show's effort. He gave the eldest/teen mom a HUGE brand new truck with all the bells and whistles and the younger sis got a custom made horse saddle (yay! lets' show the rest of the teen world how to be rewarded for getting knocked up). I really felt badly for the younger sister since she was always being pushed aside while the preggo teen sister got all the attention, even if most of it was negative. I don't blame her for being angry and acting out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information