Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J.K. Rowling says rival Harry Potter book would exploit her

Eli

If I were her I would forbid it. Anyone who says she can't is deluded, she's a billionaire for God's sake. It's her story.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's basically theft. I'd be irate if someone attempted to use something that I had created for their own financial gain. Let him write a bestseller.

At the very least it's shabby to to write a 'companion piece' to anyone's works, and is essentially an admission to being a hack.

I'd be ashamed, this guy is obviously not a writer in his own right, but someone looking to cash-in.

She has every right to protect the integrity of her work and take whatever legal measures she can to do so.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Good thing George Lucas doesn't feel this way. There are a lot of Star Wars books by other authors. The good ones sell and the bad ones don't.

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing -- Muggle Version# The continued story posted by an American author. J.K. threw a class a fit about his using her characters.. how dare he? Well until he told her it was just going to be on the Internet and he wasn't going to earn any money off of it. Well then it was suddenly O.K.

See for J.K it's not about the purity of her characters, it's all about the money. Please note J.K. did not "out" Dumbledore until after the books were sold in America. Why? Well it seems we are The Bible Belt" and we might not have purchased her book in droves like we did. We were not given the option because she just assumed we couldn't deal with a gay Dumbledore.

J.K borrowed a great deal from Tolkien, how would she feel if his surviving members said "excuse me but the elves and spider were our characters, go get your own"?

Now she is dangling a 8th book carrot in our face. At first it was a "bite me no way" Now it's a maybe I will.... oh please. She's going to milk Harry Potter for all it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Good thing George Lucas doesn't feel this way. There are a lot of Star Wars books by other authors. The good ones sell and the bad ones don't.

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing -- Muggle Version# The continued story posted by an American author. J.K. threw a class a fit about his using her characters.. how dare he? Well until he told her it was just going to be on the Internet and he wasn't going to earn any money off of it. Well then it was suddenly O.K.

See for J.K it's not about the purity of her characters, it's all about the money. Please note J.K. did not "out" Dumbledore until after the books were sold in America. Why? Well it seems we are The Bible Belt" and we might not have purchased her book in droves like we did. We were not given the option because she just assumed we couldn't deal with a gay Dumbledore.

J.K borrowed a great deal from Tolkien, how would she feel if his surviving members said "excuse me but the elves and spider were our characters, go get your own"?

Now she is dangling a 8th book carrot in our face. At first it was a "bite me no way" Now it's a maybe I will.... oh please. She's going to milk Harry Potter for all it's worth.
    Peach I have to disagree with you (shocked aren't ya!) and Yes I'm Stalking You

She is entitled to protect her investment. Why should some guy swoop in and make money on something she invested 17 years in.

I don't blame her here. The guy needs to go get a job and quite trying to ride on someone else's coat-tails.
    JMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information