Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - your theories

I think all who have died will come back once He who must not be named is dead. AND I think Harry will live. Done. Finish. End. Why not? I wouldn't bother her to do another book. I have my imagination to see that Harry goes on to eventually be headmaster of Hogwarts. lol

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Nah, there are too many freaks and fanatics who would start petitions and the like to try to get her to write another one. Then again, there are enough freaks and fanatics who will turn all 'Misery' on her when (if?) she kills him off. I hope the lady has security.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Am I creating a memory that they are setting up grief lines for the week the book comes out or something? I coulda sworn I read that somewhere....

I think it's possible Rowling won't kill Harry, even though she must know she'd be hounded to write him again if she allows him to live.

If you take her at her word, she's known how this will end since long before she knew if the series would be successful.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Grief lines? Hmmm...the redhead's going to bite the bullet.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ive posted this in another thread before but it seems fairly appropriate -

Quick guess - Dumbledore will be return via the paintings at Hogwarts, Snape will find some sort of redemption (prob saving Harry in the process) Ron and Hermione will bump uglies. Neville will turn out to be the true chosen one, Serius will return from behind the curtain thingy (remember he is not exactly dead), a couple of weasleys, and possibly Hagrid will die. Harry, somehow will talk to his parents, and Tonks will say "Wotcha Harry" making me want to punch her in her face

I'm interested to find out what the story is with Snape. He's by far the most interesting character for me at this point, simply because he's a mystery and his motivations aren't readily apparent.

--Sinclair Lewis

Eli

Up until the movies I imagined Tim Curry as Snape. I think I might start again, because Alan Rickman is starting to bother me, with his long girly hair and his homosexual posing as Sirius.
    I hope Harry dies but, like somebody said, I hope once Neville kills Voldemort (oops! did I spoiler that for you JK? sooo sorry) then everybody who died under his power will be returned to life. I mean, this is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Ive posted this in another thread before but it seems fairly appropriate -

Quick guess - Dumbledore will be return via the paintings at Hogwarts, Snape will find some sort of redemption (prob saving Harry in the process) Ron and Hermione will bump uglies. Neville will turn out to be the true chosen one, Serius will return from behind the curtain thingy (remember he is not exactly dead), a couple of weasleys, and possibly Hagrid will die. Harry, somehow will talk to his parents, and Tonks will say "Wotcha Harry" making me want to punch her in her face
    that's been my suspicion all along too. if it's just ron and hagrid that die i won't be too horribly disappointed. it's not that i don't like them but they're just not among my favourite characters. i'd be way more pissed if hermione died.
    i'd love it if sirius came back but somehow i don't see that happening.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that's been my suspicion all along too. if it's just ron and hagrid that die i won't be too horribly disappointed. it's not that i don't like them but they're just not among my favourite characters. i'd be way more pissed if hermione died.
    i'd love it if sirius came back but somehow i don't see that happening.
    I'd be thrilled if Hagrid died actually, he's such a waste of space. Don't care one way or the other about Ron.

I think the locket containing one of the Horcruxes was actually at Grimmauld Place, and was possibly stolen/sold by Mundungus Fletcher.

I also think Snape's loyalties are different than what we were led to believe in Half-Blood Prince.

Sirius isn't coming back, and neither is Dumbledore. We might get portrait/ghost Dumbledore though.

Aella, I completely agree with the portrait/ghost Dumbledore theory - I didnt actually believe he would come back per se

There has to be some reason that Serius didnt actally die.

Surely Harry is the final horcrux though - that fits in with the neither can live while the other is around concept

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I'd be thrilled if Hagrid died actually, he's such a waste of space. Don't care one way or the other about Ron.

I think the locket containing one of the Horcruxes was actually at Grimmauld Place, and was possibly stolen/sold by Mundungus Fletcher.

I also think Snape's loyalties are different than what we were led to believe in Half-Blood Prince.

Sirius isn't coming back, and neither is Dumbledore. We might get portrait/ghost Dumbledore though.

lol
    glad i'm not the only one that feels that way about hagrid. he gets on my nerves after a while with his well-meaning dumbness.
    and ron's kind of a whiny passive-aggressive little bitch, at least in the last few books, and it's getting annoying so i wouldn't exactly grieve if they did away with him.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Surely Harry is the final horcrux though - that fits in with the neither can live while the other is around concept
    That's one of the most likely theories I think-though I'm fairly sure that Rowling won't kill off her 'hero'. Actually, a popular idea is that Harry's scar is the actual Horcrux, and I think it makes sense. Rowling has always said the last word of Boook 7 is 'scar', so that would be one way to eradicate the final Horcrux (by making it disappear) without actually killing Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol
    glad i'm not the only one that feels that way about hagrid. he gets on my nerves after a while with his well-meaning dumbness.
    and ron's kind of a whiny passive-aggressive little bitch, at least in the last few books, and it's getting annoying so i wouldn't exactly grieve if they did away with him.
    Ha, I could have written the above!

And believe me, PLENTY of people share our feelings on Hagrid. I'd venture out as to say most adult HP fans do.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information