Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former author and current boring-ass cow Anne Rice blathers about God and Jebus

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    She lost it ages ago when she ignored the fact she needed an editor. Both her and Laurell K Hamilton belong to authors gone CaCa category.
    Laurell Hamilton and her Anita Blake series.. tisk tisk and it all started out so well until the what.. 6th book then it took a nose dive. Most book series should never be a series, they just run out of material.

I've never met a Christian that looked down on anyone.. I've just met people who claim to be Christians but then again you find those types of people in any walk of life.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Laurell Hamilton and her Anita Blake series.. tisk tisk and it all started out so well until the what.. 6th book then it took a nose dive. Most book series should never be a series, they just run out of material.
    Actually I think the Antia Blake books *could* have made a good series *if* she had written about cases, with little to no personal stuff about the characters.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelchance View Post
    Actually I think the Antia Blake books *could* have made a good series *if* she had written about cases, with little to no personal stuff about the characters.
    yep, I was loving her until she started humping the dead and animals that weren't animals and anything that would move. It's like suddenly there was a ghost writer.

Stephanie Mayer wrote a decent first book - the rest sucked I about gagged on the fluff.

Anne Rice - There are some good Christian books out there, granted vampire romance is very popular at this time and in a already shrinking market I doubt if she will ever become as popular as she once was.

Ive tried a million times to read the first Vampire Chronicles book. It bored me to tears. Sure, Louis and Lestat are a great comedic duo but once it was just Louis and Claudia it got bad quick, fast and in a hurry.

Now Anita Blake, Im on the fourth book and already I can see it getting bad. Its almost as if you can feel the series going horribly wrong as you read it. I started the fourth one, got to the what was it, play where she was with the werewolf guy and Jean-Claude, Richard was it? And then as she described the tension between them I lost interest.

Twilight is trash. I still see no redeeming factor at all in Bella. Im on New Moon and she has yet to give anyone any reason at all to love her, IMHO.

Elite Member

I never read the Vampire Chronicles. Tom Cruise turned me off of those. I did read a book about the Mayfair Witches. I thought it was decadent and dirty, unnecessarily so. Too long and almost self-indulgent.

I've seen two Twilight movies and they made me never want to read the books or see any more movies. Sappy crappy sparkly vampire romance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information