Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Charlaine Harris' latest Sookie book info is up!

Of course Charlaine doesn't want the ending spoiled for other readers because then they won't buy the book, just like I won't. I cancelled my pre-order so thanks whoever leaked it, you saved me a lot of cursing plus 23 bucks.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Anyone want to tell me what HEA means? It is mentioned in all of the spoilers and I have no clue what they are talking about .
    I read the spoilers and I am really not surprised after reading that last book

Never mind I figured it out it means Happily Ever After

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't read the books so I don't give a shit about the HEA. [on TB either, not really a shipper] I just think it's rubbish that CH wrote an out and out rapist raping the protagonist multiple times yet this is never acknowledged by the narrative much less avenged in the minds of readers. Instead they got naked basement tickle fights which were loathsome just to hear about, the rape victim running errands for her rapist and taking his romantic advice, wearing stripper outfits for his perverted gaze and ***infuriating spoilers ahead*** in the end, CH allows Bill to stick it to Eric by ratting him out to Sookie over some trivial Sam shit, and Eric is then shipped off as a sex slave for 200 years and this is after he is made to publicly divorce Sookie and he and Pam are contractually forced to never see Sookie again.

^I hadn't gone that far into the spoilers so after reading what you've posted there's no way in hell she's getting a cent out of me to read this last piece of garbage. FFS, how lame.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I don't read the books so I don't give a shit about the HEA. [on TB either, not really a shipper] I just think it's rubbish that CH wrote an out and out rapist raping the protagonist multiple times yet this is never acknowledged by the narrative much less avenged in the minds of readers. Instead they got naked basement tickle fights which were loathsome just to hear about, the rape victim running errands for her rapist and taking his romantic advice, wearing stripper outfits for his perverted gaze and ***infuriating spoilers ahead*** in the end, CH allows Bill to stick it to Eric by ratting him out to Sookie over some trivial Sam shit, and Eric is then shipped off as a sex slave for 200 years and this is after he is made to publicly divorce Sookie and he and Pam are contractually forced to never see Sookie again.
    thanks for the additional spoiler^ , I really don't think I am going to buy this book , I'll probably borrow it from work and save my money
    this book is going to be so full of bull shit that i am already getting a headache from rolling my eyes

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's like she is punishing her readers--who made her very rich so god knows for what--- with that kind of brutal ending.

SPOILERS:

I still don't get why CH made book Eric go so off the rails. It seemed from almost the beginning, she was gearing for them to be HEA ... and then yuck. I'll still probably get the book (and the companion coming out in October) just because at this point I'm so invested in the characters. I ranted and raved in the very beginning how off the wall Ball was with his interpretation (he was so pro-Bill/Sookie), but now I'm more interested in those characters (because, let's face it, most of them are SO different than their book counterparts). There's a lot of rumors going around (even from the cast) that there will be several deaths and one is a beloved character (if it's LaLa, I'm done). I really hope it's not Eric because he's the reason I watch (LaLa is a close 2nd), but I wouldn't be surprised since ASkars' movie career has exploded. I think he's got three movies coming out in short order. One thing is for certain, when the Sookie series is done, I'm done with CH. The last couple of books were so obviously rushed (and then made worse with what looked like severely rushed editing/slash jobs) and she left major plot points unanswered by the end of the book. I love trashy, campy fiction as much as the next girl, but her books and characters are so dumbed down and out of touch ... I can find other authors that are more worthy of time, investment in the characters and money. I am finding it harder and harder to find well written fiction that unless I hear from MANY people that this or that book is THAT good, I don't even bother.

That is exactly what I feel like , how does the entire story line end up with that BS you put in this book

Hit By Ban Bus!

People can't write novels anymore. It's a lost art.
    Tiny Pixie likes this.

I was wary about Harris before I started on this series because in a previous series she actually killed off a long-running love interest and had the heroine end up with her friend who she actually dry humped a few books before her husband was killed off. When an author does that to a long-running and established series then you know that its going to be iffy with the romantic plot line. But if you look at the course of the books she's made all the major love interests and there were a few unlikeable but the only one who stood out was the safe choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    People can't write novels anymore. It's a lost art.
    Totally agree with this. It really is a shame. My cousin tried to get me into the "Grey" trilogy (everyone was talking about them) but after reading online reviews, ugh. So glad I never even bothered.

TV too ... you're very hard pressed to find something on that isn't a reality show and those are a dime a dozen. Some are very interesting, like River Monsters, but most are a staged joke.

Seems everyone thinks they know 'the formula' to making money and they want to stick with it, no matter how archaic it is.

Damn. Sucks about Eric. Glad I decided not to buy it. I'll wait and check it out at the library.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Another **spoiler**--ya'll are gonna love this one:
    According to spoilers, Sookie actually contemplates “revenge” sex with Bill after her divorce from Eric.

Yes. It’s as insane as it sounds. A Rape Victim. Contemplated. Sex. With. Her. Rapist. Out. Of. Spite.

CH fucking hates her readers. Except the Bill lovers. She just lurrves them.

So at what point does Sookie stop and think? Or does she lack a brain?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information