Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Charlaine Harris' latest Sookie book info is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Any other series that are worth a shit? I'm all caught up on the Jeanine Frost series...
    Stay away from Anita Blake.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Kari don't worry. It won't make you hate Eric and love Bill. Bill remains as much of an untrustworthy douche as ever. I read it and still could have happily fastened him to a tree and waited for the dawn fire with a bag of marshmallows.

(And back to the NH books, One Grave at a Time is due for release August 30th and Vlad is not only getting his own spin-off book in Spring 2012 but its looking like it might be the first part of a trilogy or even a full blown series )
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The Demonica series by Larissa Ione is sexy too - I prefer them over the BDB series by JR Ward which is turning into a mess. Larissa has just started a spinoff series which links to the previous book and is just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I didn't like it, I was disappointed - I never expect a literary masterpiece, but this just felt rushed and poorly executed. How many books are left on her contract?
    Yeah, I've felt that with the last two. Hit the end and go "umm... where was the plot? What was the story? Did I miss it, because I just read a bunch of today I did this and then I did this...."

Anyone read the one that just came out? Deadlocked. I read it, finished this morning. I feel like Charlaine has done something to Sookie that just makes me really irritated with her. It's like she is suddenly too country. Book was ok.

Hit By Ban Bus!

LMAO! Have ya'll been following the SVM brouhaha this morning? All your worst fears are come to pass.

*****SPOILERS*****

Just 3 weeks until... | Facebook

I can't believe I am saying this, but I want the spoilers! Sick of waiting. I've already moved on so I just need closure.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, click CH's Facebook link and you'll find out who is NOT the HEA.

that damn link keeps taking me to a recap of book effing 6!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    that damn link keeps taking me to a recap of book effing 6!!!

Yes, just keep reading the comments! Bookies are pissed!!

EDIT: ***BEWARE SPOILERS****Here are links to tumblr posts explaining the spoilers. Somebody leaked the ending on Amazon but I can't find that link right now:

http://fortheloveofericnorthman.tumb...st/48848659317

http://tempella.tumblr.com/post/4884...ead-ever-after

EDIT 2: Here is the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Spoiler-beat-a...&store=generic

Im not even reading this series ATM but...

SPOILER
    I actually liked Sam.
    SPOILER

Then again I only read the first book...

I am not surprised by this. The hints of Sookie's HEA was apparent in the last few books. But OMG the hatefest on her FB page is ugly. Its one thing to rant and post on reader forums but another at the author but she must have expected the fallout. But this is an author who killed off a hero in another series so when that happens don't trust the author in maintaining a good ending with romantic subplots especially if there is a crossover with romance readers because you mess with the chosen one it will get ugly.

^ About that, I decided to check some out.

By now some of you know that a reader in Germany obtained a copy of DEAD EVER AFTER and decided to post the ending online. While this is unfortunate, I wanted to say this to all of you: Even if you *personally* are unhappy with the ending, please don’t spoil it for other readers. DEAD EVER AFTER goes on sale on May 7th; after that date, you are more that welcome to come here and tell me how much you like - or don’t like - the choices I’ve made for Sookie. But from one Sookie fan to another, I’m asking you all to please not spoil the book for other readers. Thank you so much for your continued support.
    Charlaine Harris

Source: https://www.facebook.com/CharlaineHa...87416894601874
    Her fans are furious indeed.

GoodReads link, I anxiously await the reviews. Sometimes the reviews are more entertaining than the book. The Anita Blake books are a perfect example.

Yep I am on twitter and a few authors I follow are sad to see this happening but frankly this would be the reaction even without the early leak and its not like other high profile books didn't had spoilers posted online before release. I remember when Breaking Dawn was leaked online and everyone was like nope its fanfiction its not real. S Meyer wouldn't call a character Renesmee LOL - but Harris has to realise this was going to happen because the fans of certain vampire are very vocal. I am seeing lots of people saying they are cancelling their preorders and posting the ending on a few forums now.

Actually, I haven't read a book since 10, haven't watched the show in a couple years, and even I'm pisssed about that ending. Seriously? WTF?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information