Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Charlaine Harris' latest Sookie book info is up!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Linne, this one is for you!

I'm hitting the interwebz now and I may be some time...

Cya all later!

Linne, send me the link!!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    I hate the fae story line. Bleh.
    so do I and it keeps getting worse.. the b/s with the lemon juice and iron....for the love

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post

SPOILERS

She said she kinds of regretted the blood bond between Eric and Sookie and in hindsight might not have written that in.
    There will be more fae in the next 3 books. And one will be an elf but that is in book 12 or 13.
    There is also comic book series on True Blood and Harper books too.
    excuse me buttmunch but "shit" more freaking fairies now we'll have an elf? So will Eric be hooking up with Tinkerbell?

darn

This book wasn't her best and I agree with once authors become popular they start grinding them out just to meet deadlines. This one seems rushed.

Well, I didn't dislike it like the last one but I wont read it again probably.

Few comments I have:
    - Alcide is an ass and so is Bill (he totally manipulated Sookie to call his "sister")
    - There is something off about Sam. Some hidden agenda or something
    - I love that we got some Pam time. I think she is the only character who has been more or less consistent through the books.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Hit By Ban Bus!

spoilers************* don't read if you aren't finished with the book***

OK going through my second read now -- but WTF the plot with the agents and then Claudines sperm donor sort of gets messy, and Erics "father" gets a sub plot? Hum. Not very imaginative with the were's and vamps having to register with the government - carrying papers and all, she must have read our thread on illegals

What I liked was the transition from the last book to this one. The first couple of chapters were really good. I liked the last book, actually I've liked them all except the first one was sort of weak. I actually groaned out loud at the part where the kiss broke the spell.. for the love ackkkkk.

I was so excited to get the darn thing once I started reading I didn't put it down until I was finished so this time I'm reading it more slowly so maybe I'll like it better.

I love Pam - I get the feeling that she loves Eric too but not in a sexual way, interesting triangle they have going on. Well we know the next book will be about killing Victor and how long do we have to wait for it to come out?

Read it this weekend. Not one of the better Sookie books but still an enjoyable way to waste Sunday afternoon...

I hated Claude in the other books. Liked him in this. SPOILER: still suspicous of his motives for moving in - did he know about whatsisface Sky Faerie? Are there more Faery plots lined up for the next books designed to fuck Sookie over? And Dermott... WTF? Kissing to break the spell, jesus. Think I actually yelled "Oh for fuck's sake!" out loud when I read that.

Not enough Eric time. But some good Pam time - which is always good. The maker storyline... in two minds. Initially it was good. But the ending was sloppy. SPOILER: So Alexei Romanov was a crazy vampire?! Dunno. At first I liked that, but by the end I thought it was a bit much. Bubba is one famous dead dude too many. I did like the idea of a vampire with PTSD though - interesting way to play it out.

Were plot... there was just too many plotlines going on - the best Sookie books are when there's just one Big Mystery going on. There was just too many threads in this one, it led to a fairly "is that all?" resolution. Things like the FBI Agent subplot that carried on from the last few books just felt like unnecessary clutter... but could also be setting up future big plots too. That Tom whatsit has a big chip on his shoulder now.

I did like Caroline Bellefleur's deadbed scene though. For some weird reason, I have the actress who played Bunny McDougall on SATC in my head as the ideal CB.

It wasn't Twilight bad. But it just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be - more a 'meh?' reaction.

I like the emerging plotline about supernatural rights and did anyone else notice that more and more non-supes are twigging that something is different about Sookie beyond her preference for men with fangs? When the shit hits the fan with this growing backlash against weres etc, she's going to be up in her neck in it. That's a plot line to watch in future books I think.

Liked the tacky but cute touch of Charlaine Harris writing in a scene in Merlotte's where everyone's dancing and singing to Jace Evertt's "Bad Things". Nice nod to True Blood!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    so do I and it keeps getting worse.. the b/s with the lemon juice and iron....for the love

excuse me buttmunch but "shit" more freaking fairies now we'll have an elf? So will Eric be hooking up with Tinkerbell?

darn

This book wasn't her best and I agree with once authors become popular they start grinding them out just to meet deadlines. This one seems rushed.

Oh there is more fae to come- During the Q&A session I attended earlier this year Charlaine said she's going to introduce an elve by book 11/13 - she is currently contracted for up to 13 books.

I think the problem is that she is definitely influenced by True Blood- and I think she had a set idea on the direction but its definitely changed and I agree I think the series should be winding down instead she's tacked on the fae subplot and I find unlike other authors who have a better depiction of fae *check out Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson/Alpha & Omega series so much better about werewolves/fae and vamps* - I just don't think her worldbuilding for fae works - should stick with the shifters and vamps.

The cover and blurb for Dead Reckoning has been posted - this blog covers and summarises the upcoming book and companion book.
    Next Sookie Stackhouse Book Details!

I am glad they have kept the original covers for the series- not feeling the True Blood covers.

First chapter for Dead Reckoning has been posted-
    Chapt 1: Dead Reckoning – Charlaine Harris

Hate the watermarks

***spoilers for those who havent' finished***
    so, no more blood bond for Sookie and Eric. Bill's sister/wife left. Bill still loves Sookie. Eric is apparently engaged (thanks to his maker) to the Queen of Oklahoma. We now have an Elf and a portal to Faery land... I'm not sure they could squeeze more shit into these books...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

From the reviews it looks like shes heading down Anita Blake territory.

LALALALALALA, not listening to you.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I didn't like it, I was disappointed - I never expect a literary masterpiece, but this just felt rushed and poorly executed. How many books are left on her contract?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

She's not gonna rest until Beehl and Sookeh are back together.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information