Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Charlaine Harris' latest Sookie book info is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    ETA: It looks like the Coda WILL be in a separate book after all, and isn't released until November. D'ya not think you've already screwed enough out of people already, Charlaine? Oh yeah, and the rape in the trunk wasn't a rape after all. Go figure!

Maybe shes hoping everyone would have calmed down by then and shell be able to sell her books again. Shed be wrong, of course, but I doubt shes listening to any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    THE BOOK ends the same way.
    LOL thanks Twitchy, I didn't even realise I'd said movie but you're right, they're exactly the same, but I had to delve back into the cobwebs of my brain to remember the last lines of the book/movie and all I could see was Vivien Leigh rather than a printed page.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hit By Ban Bus!

CH went through the Wall Street Journal to do damage control, and by 'damage control' I mean slander her entire readership:

How to Kill a Vampire (Series) - WSJ.com

After reading the posts here from the last few days, I'm glad I quit on this series after book 10. I hate when a series screws over or kills off a character I love. I still pretend that J.K. Rowling didn't kill off Snape in the last Harry Potter.
    Novice and gas_chick like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    CH went through the Wall Street Journal to do damage control, and by 'damage control' I mean slander her entire readership:

WTF? She's claiming the outrage is because she's ending the series, not because she dragged it out way too long for $ and ended it on an extreme low. Most fans of the books wanted them to end about 3 books ago, they certainly aren't clamouring for more because the stories and characters are as worn out as one of Sookie's old nylon nightgowns.

She is on the Chicago Sun Times doing another interview. Charlene Harris comes across as a really unlikable woman in almost everything i read about her

Author Q&A: Charlaine Harris on the end of Sookie Stackhouse - Chicago Sun-Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

The thing that I find surprising about that interview is that Charlaine complains about the same things we complained about:
    She ran out of fresh story lines about her bubbly blond protagonist, Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress who tangles with an ever-expanding supernatural cast of vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, demons, goblins, elves, witches and fairies. She struggled to keep track of the convoluted mythology she'd invented. Things that used to excite her, like unveiling new supernatural creatures, started to feel stale.
    So stop writing that fucking tripe that people had to wade through to get to the shit they cared about! YOU put that shit in there because you're an asshat, it added nothing but confusion to the entire story!

When she was working on "Dead Ever After," she found herself juggling seven story lines. She kept track of the dangling narrative threads by sticking Post-it Notes around her computer monitor. The sprawling plot unfolds as Sookie is pursued by demonic forces and framed for murder, while several supernatural suitors vie for her affection. Ms. Harris found herself trying to sneak in minor characters from earlier in the series just to give them a final appearance. She decided to publish a coda, titled "After Dead," which comes out this fall and reveals the fate of more than 100 characters.

Harris is an asshole. a prisoner of her own money grubbing, greedy-gutted bullshit! And has the fucking nerve to try and pimp out her next money-making scam, the "coda" to reveal the fate of more than 100 characters? There never should have been 100 characters! There never should have been fairies, sprites, elves, dwarves, werelynx/fox, fucking were tigers and a million other fucking things!
    Novice, faithanne and Kittylady like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    WTF? She's claiming the outrage is because she's ending the series, not because she dragged it out way too long for $ and ended it on an extreme low. Most fans of the books wanted them to end about 3 books ago, they certainly aren't clamouring for more because the stories and characters are as worn out as one of Sookie's old nylon nightgowns.
    Exactly. It's a total lie designed to lay the shitstorm she created with her big FUCK YOU READERS FINALE, solely at the feet of her customers, make out like her books are so fucking wonderful and beloved that nobody wants them to end--so much so fans are threatening suicide!!!! FOR. FUCKS. SAKE how cynical is this!!?---and paint herself as the victim of crazed, 'entitled' readers all at the same time. It's actually the READERS who are the victims here. The victims of an outrageous, money grubbing con pulled by a reactionary, idiotic fruitcake.
    Kittylady likes this.

Fuck that fat bitch. I stopped reading the Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series when they killed off my favorite character too. It just got boring as hell after that.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Fuck that fat bitch. I stopped reading the Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series when they killed off my favorite character too. It just got boring as hell after that.
    I stopped reading Rachel Morgan after the first book. It just didn't grip me.

I stopped reading when they killed off the blonde vampire she was in love with. Can't remember his name right now. I loved Jinx, but I couldn't get on board with all that demon world shit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    After reading the posts here from the last few days, I'm glad I quit on this series after book 10. I hate when a series screws over or kills off a character I love. I still pretend that J.K. Rowling didn't kill off Snape in the last Harry Potter.
    I think that the last one I read was when she was revealed to be a fairy & then was injured in some sort of war. I was waiting for the next book to be published & discovered that I just didn't care about them.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Free Charmed.

You made the right choice. That book should have wrapped up the series (I think that was book 9).
    Novice likes this.

ITA. The last book I read was Book 10 and I wish I had stopped at 9.
    faithanne, Novice and Kittylady like this.

I still like Kim Harrison's books. I think Kim was leading up with Trent with that series and although I was upset about Kisten, I wasn't that invested in that pairing. But I have to give her credit because she wrote a good blog post explaining why she killed him off and unlike Harris, who seems to be hiding away and blaming the crazy fans. But Harrison definitely built up a few others along the series and you can see where its heading and it makes blooming sense.

Harris did a bait and switch, and while there was hints about Sam, he was so underdeveloped and blah lots of people would have missed it and Eric and even the others overshadowed him. And that is the problem but I think she's going to have a shock if she thinks she can carry off the transfer of the Sookie fans to her new series. She's really pissed them off and they aren't a majority. I checked the German Amazon board which has the reviews already up and its bad.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information