Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all vampire lit fans

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    somehow that doesn't surprise me.

The Morganville series is popular as well. The heroine is sassy, nerdy, bright (or the opposite of Bella). I quite enjoyed those when I wanted some light reading when I was off ill.
    I really enjoy that series! Have you tried Caine's Weather Warden series - its just as good. The final book came out this summer - she's also working on a spinoff and a new series about a morgue attendant next year.

Another series I really recommend which features vamps but they are like creepy mindless zombies is Ilona Andrews Kate Daniel series, I think its one of the best urban fantasy series around. I love the fact that the mythology used is from other sources than anglo/western. Also has a fantastic snarky and well drawn heroine.

I heard/seen the weather warden stuff but not read it - I have to many things queuing at the mo but I'll get there eventually.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    My first (and longest lasting) vamp-crush is Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Spike would bitchslap those Cullen brats with a flick of his little finger, throw down a funny as fuck oneliner and then swoosh his long leather coat and stalk away in the coolest way possible.

For any vamplit fans I seriously, seriously recommend the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, starting with Halfway To The Grave. More humour and action than the SVM series and Frost doesn't hold back on the smut scenes like Charlaine Harris does (Chapter 32 of the second book, One Foot In The Grave, has gone down as the stuff of legend amongst fans). The first book is a slow starter but once it hits its stride its well worth reading. And the heroine is a redhead called Cat, so JF gets bonus points from me for that.
    Haha I knew exactly what you were talking about without picking up my copy of the book and checking what chapter 32 was! Very sexy!

Is Vampire Diaries worth reading? I'm loving the TV show (mostly because of the hot guys) but wasn't sure whether it was worth picking up the books.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I ordered the Night Huntress series... cause I'm a perv and it sounded like something a perv might like. However, Amazon had the books all out of order... I've read one and am now on the second one and now find out that the first one CLEARLY wasn't THE first one. So I ordered the first one last night but due to me reading them incorrectly, I know about all the shit from the first book. I'm not putting the second one down yet because I need to read that Chapter 32!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Enjoy the secksing!!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I heard/seen the weather warden stuff but not read it - I have to many things queuing at the mo but I'll get there eventually.
    I read at least a quarter of the first book before I had to return it to the library. That was a sad day for me because I really enjoyed that book. Now its back to my 'To Be Read' list.

Aw! Couldn't you renew it over the phone & keep it a bit longer?
    Free Charmed.

Sadly no. It must have been really popular then because there was a lot of holds on it. I had to return it immediately so someone else could get it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information