Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barf. Anne Rice hopes to 'redeem' herself in Jebus's eyes for all those Vampire books

SVZ

Zombie Jesus by Anne Rice

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    yeah, but wait till Jesus gives HIS review.. cuz he will! You just wait!

I can see Jesus flipping through it going "where are the f*cking vampires already?!?!"

Anne is batshit crazy, so no surprises here.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Which is not to say that vampire novels and biographies of Jesus Christ don’t bear similarities to one another: they’re both intriguing myths chock-full of blood-guzzling.
    My thoughts exactly. Same game, new garb. Dollah, dollah, hustlah.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I can see Jesus flipping through it going "where are the f*cking vampires already?!?!"
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

A*O

Christian fiction is about as exciting as Christian "rock" music but if it floats your boat then Hallelujah!

Grimmy despises ALL religion - he's an ecumenical h8ter.
    How can you trust anything that bleeds for 3 days every month but doesn't die?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

So she's found god - ok fine. But I don't see her giving away the demonically-tainted money that she made writing all those "Un-Christian" vampire novels and living a life of simple poverty while she tries to spread the word of the Lord.... I guess it's easy to be humble and pious when you have already made your fortune out of the kind of stuff you are now apparently against.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She reminds me of my auntie who left the church when she was in her twenties. Then, on her death bed, fear took hold and she started going on about wishing she had gone to church more often, blah blah blah. This after 40 years of badmouthing religion to anyone who would listen.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I actually sent her an email about this and got one back about how after her hubby died she needed to go back to church and that she felt the pull to go back and reaffirm her faith. Her Jesus book still kinda follows the Agnostic faith stuff. Her books actually made me get back into reading the bible, sounds crazy but after Lasher some weird shit happened at my house and I told her about it and it seemed as though she agreed that maybe she opened some doorways in peoples minds with the "whole how you give demons power" I know it sounds looney but the shit I was experiencing stopped when I started reading my bible and just praying. I actually told her about all of this and she was really cool and answered me back right away. (or whoever answered me) I sound like a loon but I get why she did it, I get why she loved the vampire lore after her beloved daughter died, same reason I love the vampire shit cause I have been surrounded by death since before my 10th birthday. I

Violin was about her hubby and him having cancer. I love her writing and the Jesus book was excellent. Minimanifesto over. sorry.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Why would Jesus hate writing about vampires? Jesus had magical powers, endorsed the drinking of blood, and was un-dead too.

^^ HAHAHA

note to self, read Lasher.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Read Lasher several times, no demons at this house or any ever occupied by me. They're obviously shit-scared of my bad ass, the big pussies. I've had death in my life too, and in fact, deal with it on a daily basis now.

Maybe I can come to ya'll's houses and scare them away if you have no bibles or they don't appear to be working. All traveling expenses covered by you and a bottle of good wine thrown in, of course.

Truly a tragedy about Anne. My husband is especially bummed.

Maybe I can forgo the ouija board at parties and break out a copy of Lasher. Maybe my hardback version will yield a cooler more vivid demon.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Did she give up her evil wages of sin, as Jesus would have wanted?

She gave up the sin, but she's keeping the wages.

Nice that it only took 67 years of hedonism.

Wonder what this does for the relationship with the son?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^ HAHAHA

note to self, read Lasher.

Lasher is the 2nd book in the Mayfair Witches series. Lasher really won't make sense unless you read The Witching Hour(the best of the first 3). You can serisouly skip the 3rd, Taltos, that one is stupid beyond belief.

I personally preferred the witch stories to the vampire stories and I loved the vamp series.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information