Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Banned Books: a hilariously depressing history of people missing the point

Don't live in New York and this was decades ago.

Real AP isn't a NY thing, its a College Board thing. They're regulated by the College Board in both the US and Canada, not by individual states or school districts.

Official AP classes have never been offered to middle school kids, even decades ago. It's more likely that your school school district called its top classes AP, as opposed to honors or gifted.

Advanced Placement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm not sure why you're on my ass, but JFC, WHOEVER named my school district's programs as AP in the freaking 80s, so the fuck what? I even have report cards that show AP English from 7th through 12th grade with the grades I received in those classes, along with all my other classes. Oh, and I also started a year early in school. Took a test and everything. So I graduated a year earlier than all the other kids my age. AND was in whatever my school district called AP FUCKING ENGLISH for SIX YEARS. Let's see you pick that apart. Although I won't see it.

I have never, ever used the ignore option before on ANY board I've ever been on. Usually, I just roll my eyes and go on to the next post. But you're just so insanely unpleasant and you looking up the designation of AP from 30-something years ago in certain grades is just plain creepy. Are you jealous? Or just a bitch? Honestly, you bore me and you're not worth my time.

And if I have to take an infraction for that, so be it. But you pushed it too far.

If you get an infraction it will be because someone else reports. I'm no crybaby rat to get all upset over a post.

AP classes are for college credits, its an actual term, trademarked and everything.Which is why Rusalka asked the initial question.

And I didn't have to look it up dear, you're not the only one that skipped a grade in school.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Can't we all just grab a bong?

I'm 48. In our area, AP was advanced placement, and referred to classes that you would take in advance of the Advanced Placement exam. If you did well on the exam, you got a certain amount of college credit. I took about four of them in junior through senior year and got ZERO credit on the exams I did take.

Out here, they still have AP, but before high school, they have GT (gifted and talented). Doing well on those classes just seems to put you on track to be able to take AP.

I also wanted to say that I have had it with all the academic one percenters in this thread!!!!
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information