Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with the Vampire- Anne Rice

Eli

Default Interview with the Vampire- Anne Rice

OMG I know her name is wrong...
    This book is really extremely addictive. I am loving it so much more than the movie (which is why I bought the book- coz I love it!)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

It's quite often that the books are better than the movies. So much gets edited out to fit some 2 hour film and with reading, you can use your own imagination and senses.
    Vampires are always intriguing and sexay subject I think.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

i love the book - only trouble is that sometimes Anne Rice goes off on a tangent of details and you kinda forget what you were reading about in the first place... other than that i love stories.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Eli

^^ Yes.
    And above, moomies, funny you say sexay, because man this book his hojay friendly!! "I lay in the coffin on top of him to sleep, and I was filled with disdain, although he is a handsome and intriguing figure."

wtf!! This book is so gay. And so's the film, sort of.

Silver Member SophieOrangeBerry's Avatar

^^ lol!
    That whole vampire series, i loved. I haven't read them since i was about 16.

I can't believe what they did to the queen on the damned with that film. it was such a pathetic attempt. the book was sexah to tha max! the film was just glossy and annoying.

*folds cape over face and disspears in a big cloud of smoke*
    Darling... Stop confusing me with your wishful thinking....
    Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van...
    Too soon to be out of me bed

A*O

Anne Rice has written several very good 'vampire' novels. Unfortunately she is now a born-again Christian fundie so that's it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Anne Rice is wordy, but if you enjoy this book, don't stop reading her stuff. The entire Vampire collection is great, she then does a series on "The Mayfair Witches" which is equally as romantic and enthralling. With the exception of her erotica that she writes under another name, I have read almost every one of her books. Didn't know that she was a born again.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Anne Rice has written several very good 'vampire' novels. Unfortunately she is now a born-again Christian fundie so that's it.
    She's also insane-well, beyond the way the born-again Christian fundie implies.

She has been known to personally reply to negative Amazon reviews by ranting about readers being unable to grasp her creative genius, or something, comparing herself to Hemingway (in the sense of he didn't need an editor, so neither does she) and accusing people of 'interrogating the text from the wrong perspective'.

To say nothing of her Internet Attack Lawyers and many more colourful batshit insane incidents.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    It's quite often that the books are better than the movies. So much gets edited out to fit some 2 hour film and with reading, you can use your own imagination and senses.
    Vampires are always intriguing and sexay subject I think.
    yes yes and yes
    Coffee is my happy drug

totally overrated crap......

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A couple of years ago I was very much into her books. I recommend the first three books of the vampire chronicle series, I also liked Tale of the Body Thief and Memnoch (which was actually the first Anne Riche book I read). Her later vampire books aren't really worth reading though. I barely managed to finish Pandora and I put down Blackwood Farm after the first fourty pages. I didn't bother with the final installment of the Vampire Chronicles, I don't even know the name of the book. Her amazon replies were hilarious, I agree with Aella, she obviously has gone batshit insane, and not in a good way.

The first four vampire books are good. I tried to read a few of the later vampire books, but they just sucked.

The first four books are definately the best in the series. I tried reading "Blackwood Farm" but, it wasn't interesting. I wish she had put Louis into more of the books later on in the series.

Anyway, the movie,Queen of the Damned sucked because they tried to merge the second and third books into one story. Also, they mangled Lestat's and other character personalities, Aaliyah had a stupid accent reminicant of Angelina Jolie's sorry attempt in "Alexander"; it was just all over the place. I hope someone remakes the second and third books into separate movies.

Quote Originally Posted by zattygrrl View Post
    Anne Rice is wordy, but if you enjoy this book, don't stop reading her stuff. The entire Vampire collection is great, she then does a series on "The Mayfair Witches" which is equally as romantic and enthralling. With the exception of her erotica that she writes under another name, I have read almost every one of her books. Didn't know that she was a born again.
    Never read Interview with a Vampire, but I read "The Mayfair Witches" which I really did enjoy, although she did kind of lose me in the third book "Taltos". My favorite of the series is The Witching Hour. Great book. I think I'll have to do a re-read it's been ages since I've read it.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

i read interview with the vampire and the vampire lestat. they're good stories and they were entertaining but her writing style is a bit annoying at times. i agree she's overrated - they're good stories and make for entertaining movies but hemingway, she ain't...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information