Thread: Sites where you post your current reading/favorite book lists?

Default Sites where you post your current reading/favorite book lists?

I read so much on the 'net, magazines and newspapers that I come across great stuff and then forget where I saw it.

One such great thing was a site where you have your own page where you can keep your list of books that are your favorites, current reads, archived list from the current reads, wish list, etc.

When you get through a few books a week and have friends who are the same way, it's hard to keep up, but I thought this would give me a way to check on them and vice versa.

My Googling has not been successful in finding this site. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? A while ago, someone on a list-serve with me also mentioned it, and I'm afraid that message has also been banished to cyberland. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im a Barnes and Noble member. They always do recomendations-most of which are worth the read. Also when i am interested in a particular book i will look it up on B&N, and read the reviews-The reviewers usually leave books that they recommend, and thats how i get most of the great books i've read. Really you should try it. Other peoples recommendations are always the best.

I come across so many great recommendations that i would have never discovered had it not been for my reading a particualr review. Now i rarely read reviews for the sake of wanting to know what the NYTimes thought of a book. I read it for great recommendations by readers who have already read books im reviewing.

sorry, but i have no sites other than that one.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

I found the site I was thinking of - GoodReads.com. It even lets me search my own lists, which is a good thing when I forget the specifics of a book but know I need to find it again.

Sophie, thanks for your help!

Thread Information