Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. butt is holding the final Harry Potter hostage

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Mr. butt is holding the final Harry Potter hostage

OK, here's the deal. I bought HP pt. 7 the day it was released but because I was in teh middle of another book mr. butt said he'd read it while I finished mine. I said fine, but warned him that he had better light a fire under it. Well, mr. butt isn't the fastest reader in the world and he is not even a third of the way done and I have finished my book and started another. Is this grounds for divorce or what?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Butt! Buy another copy! Not worth upsetting the Heathens with a divorce and /or murder.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Are they that good? I have never read any of the HP books, but plan to pick up the first 2 or 3 to take on vacation next month...

Don't get the Harry Potter hype at all. But do buy another copy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Don't get the Harry Potter hype at all. But do buy another copy.
    I never have, either, but hear so many people talk about it, I have to wonder what I am missing. That is why I wonder if I should pick up the first two books for vacay....

The reason HP books are so popular, is because so many people talk about it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

OK, I refuse to buy another copy simply on principle. If anyone should buy another copy it should be mr. butt. Fuck the little heathens! What's a bit of divorce/murder when it comes to the final HP? As far as whether or not it's great or fab, I can't say. It's addictive more than anything. And I must know what happens in the final showdown. If mr. butt spills the beans or makes any 'oh, you're never going to believe what happens in chapter whatever' comments, the divorce will come sooner than expected.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

LOL, steal it back!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    Are they that good?
    To answer that I'll say this:

I resisted reading them until this year. I didn't get what the big deal must be, and didn't really think I could get into a "children's" book. A friend I work with kept talking about how great they were and how she couldn't wait for the last one. She kept on about it, and finally I borrowed the first book from her and let it sit for weeks on my nightstand. Finally, in desperation for something to read one night I picked it up. I was hooked. I went and bought the whole series the next day. The books are genius - really. Rowling's imagination is staggering.

I am sort of glad I waited to get into it until the end, because I didn't have to wait for any new books to come out until the last one.

Butt, I wouldn't buy a new one, either. I'd just snatch the one you have back and tell him you'll mark his place.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Get him the latest issue of Playboy, he won't even notive the difference.
    -Bugdoll-

^^mr. butt doesn't do playboy or anything like that. Oh, and Laurent, I went through something similar. Everyone was reading the books and I just kept avoiding them, since I don't even like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars or anything ermotely like that. But I do really like HP. It's funny, serious, intersting and completely different. She's got a wild imagination, that one.

--Sinclair Lewis

^^^
    you have to know at least one other hp fan that's done with his copy? maybe you can borrow it?
    if not, steal it back from the husband. you bought it, and you warned him. he should have read it faster.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    OK, I refuse to buy another copy simply on principle. If anyone should buy another copy it should be mr. butt. Fuck the little heathens! What's a bit of divorce/murder when it comes to the final HP? As far as whether or not it's great or fab, I can't say. It's addictive more than anything. And I must know what happens in the final showdown. If mr. butt spills the beans or makes any 'oh, you're never going to believe what happens in chapter whatever' comments, the divorce will come sooner than expected.
    Thats just plain mean! Go get one so you can discuss as you go-what an opportunity. Just make him pay for it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Order another copy, express delivery on Amazon --- just use his credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    OK, here's the deal. I bought HP pt. 7 the day it was released but because I was in teh middle of another book mr. butt said he'd read it while I finished mine. I said fine, but warned him that he had better light a fire under it. Well, mr. butt isn't the fastest reader in the world and he is not even a third of the way done and I have finished my book and started another. Is this grounds for divorce or what?
    Unless he has the book with him every waking moment, I say steal it from him. With how fast you read, he won't even notice it gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information