Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - your theories

Eli

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - your theories

What are your theories of the final Harry Potter book? Do tell.

I am intrigued as to who will die. I figure maybe Hagrid and then Voldemort. Tricky stuff, though. I suppose it could be anyone.
    Although given 'main characters' is considered 'main' then perhaps Harry will kill Voldemort and THEN die? All I know is that if it's Hermione who bites the dust, I will be SEVERELY pissed off and hate the series forever. I know it's sexist, but it's a good kind of sexist. Who wants to see a girl die anyway?

I read on some boards about a year ago a theory which was really interesting, and I debated with people on another forum about it but they don't like the idea. The Phoenix rises from the ashes; now given that the 'Order' is of the Phoenix, and given two of the Order's members have perished (book 5 and book 6 person), then why is it impossible for them to rise from the ashes? I like this idea and fully hope that book 5 death and book 6 death characters come back. It would be chilling, in a good way I think.

Edit: Been thinking... anyone else think that Neville is Harry's twin? Born a day apart, and maybe gave him away to another family who couldn't have children so that they could protect him perhaps? Just a theory. Or maybe Neville is Harry Potter and his parents didn't actually die, but just became brain-dead when Voldermort attacked them. This could explain who Neville's parents are in the hospital... Perhaps they are really Lily and James Potter, having taken Polyjuice potion for many, many years.
    Well, that's what I have been thinking about.

I just get this feeling that there's something going on with his parents, and that maybe his father is not his father. That would explain why Rowling said it is very important that Harry's eyes are like his mother's.
    And here's an idea for you... Could Dumbledore or James Potter... BE... Voldemort?

I also think that Petunia Dursley is a witch, which would explain her unnatural hostility, but I think that's been debated before. If she's not, then perhaps its possible that she knew that her sister and brother-in-law were in fact on Voldermort's side and therefore hates Harry because she expects him to follow in his parents footsteps. That would be a huge twist, and would certainly explain a few things.

This is probably silly, and it must have been a mistake, but I did notice in the 1st movie that Harry's mother looked remarkably like Ginny Weasley.

One more idea I have going... it will anger a lot of people and I could be entirely wrong, but given how long Snape has been good, and given how intensely Dumbledore goes about the matter of Voldermort, could Dumbledore indeed be the evil one? Perhaps Snape found out and that is why he killed him. Perhaps it wasn't even the real Dumbledore we were seeing. Who knows. But wouldn't it be one of the greatest shocks in book history if the kind, loving Albus Dumbledore turned out to be an evil traitor!
    But I think personally, given that Dumbledore had Jame Potter's invisibility cloak at the time of his death, that Dumbledore is James Potter in disguise. Dumbledore doesn't need a cloak, he can turn invisible on his own.

One more thing... R.A.B.; could that be: Ron, Arthur & Bill?
    Regulus just seems so obvious.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think it will all come down to a major battle between Voldemort and Harry, resulting in Harry's death. That way, J.K. Rowlings will not have to put up with people begging her to write just one more and she can get on with whatever new project she has up her sleeve. Oh, and Dumbledore probably isn't really dead and if he is, he'll come back through magic or some cloud-like apparation...like in the Lion King.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

SVZ

I'm thinking since the prophecy says Harry must die to kill Voldermort or whatever, a clone or apparition of Harry will die.

And then Harry will get hit by the train on the way home.

After he shags Hermione behind his best friend's back (or maybe in front of him).

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

But, if the actress playing Hermione quit then won't they kill her off?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't think JK Rowlings will base what happens to a character on the whims of a teenage actress.

--Sinclair Lewis

Besides, I heard the actress finally signed her stupid contract.

I agree with the theory Harry's gonna die, if he doesn't she'll be plagued by people trying to get her to write about him more.

I don't think Dumbledore will be back to life per se, but more around in the context of a portrait guiding Harry-or even that Dumbledore trading card he got back in book 1.

I thought that J.K Rowling had the final book written, under lock and key for ages, I don't think that she'd re-write because that young actress wouldn't re-commit to filming.

I really think that Dumbledore will come back. I always thought the note was from Rufus Albus Dumbledore. I don't know where I got the Rufus bit from though, I might have made it up!

I honestly don't know what will happen but MAN am I excited about finding out!!!!!!! Not long to wait now everyone...
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Ahhh....the trading card with Dumbledore. Good one. I agree, that might be the way he helps Harry...although Harry is going to die...mark my words.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Ahhh....the trading card with Dumbledore. Good one. I agree, that might be the way he helps Harry...although Harry is going to die...mark my words.
    yeah i think he will too! I think it'll be something like if he has to kill voldemort then he will also die or something like that!

^^Exactly. Because he has that weird connection with him and he'll use that connection to kill him but he'll know that he's going to die, but do it anyway in order to save...what?

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    ^^Exactly. Because he has that weird connection with him and he'll use that connection to kill him but he'll know that he's going to die, but do it anyway in order to save...what?

haha! to save....the world? From evil taking over and killing/making all the good people slaves? i dunno!!!! im sure it'll be something along those lines anyway!!

Wait! I know! It's to save the magic world from being completely dominated by the evil Voldemort, who will also try to take over us non-magic types. That Harry, he's going to save mankind!

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information