Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Final Harry Potter book cover revealed

Default Final Harry Potter book cover revealed

New Harry Potter book cover revealed

NEW YORK - What picture shows a dramatic gold and orange sky and a teenage boy in glasses reaching upward?

It's the cover to the seventh and final Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," coming out July 21. As always, the cover was designed by illustrator Mary GrandPre, U.S. publisher Scholastic, Inc., announced Wednesday.

"The structures around Harry show evident destruction and in the shadows behind him, we see outlines of other people," David Saylor, Scholastic's art director, said in a statement.

"For the first time, the cover is a wraparound. On the back cover spidery hands are outstretched toward Harry. Only when the book is opened does one see a powerful image of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, his glowing red eyes peering out from his hood."

J.K. Rowling's fantasy series has sold more than 325 million copies worldwide. "Deathly Hallows" has an announced first printing of 12 million in the United States alone.

The cover for the children's edition released by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC, Rowling's British publisher, shows an adult-looking Harry, Hermione and Ron. The adult edition has a photograph of a locket bearing a serpentine "S" — believed to be the "horcrux" in which Lord Voldemort keeps a fragment of his soul.
    New Harry Potter book cover revealed - Yahoo! News

Click on the link or here to see the cover.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I cannot wait to read it... I actually cried when she killed off Dumbledore stupid I know, but he was a great character.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I met Mary GrandPre about 5-6 years ago when Harry Potter was in Book 4 or so. She is now a well off and fortunate woman I tell you what. her lucky day came along when Scholastic needed to do all the American covers and spot illos. Now all she does is work on her own ideas, do her Harry Potter this and that, and give lectures about her 'soft geometry'.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

You can see the other versions of the cover, including the full version of the American cover, here:
    CBBC Newsround | Pictures | In pictures: Harry Potter's latest look

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I am so glad it is the final one...enough already

pssst you don't have to read it

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I'll probably get the adult cover if it's available here, otherwise I suppose the kid's cover is not bad. The UK one, obviously, I never cared for the artwork on the US editions.

I wonder why they have separate artwork?

I still wonder why they have separate EDITIONS. "Translating" UK English to US English and replacing the scary "philosopher" in the title? How stupid are today's kids getting?

I think it's more slang than anything else. The UK versions have trainers and fringe and the American words are sneakers and bangs. Little things like that.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Eli

Where's the English one. We get that one here. The American ones are so cartoonish, they're terrible!

Thread Information