Thread: The Bronze Horseman

Default The Bronze Horseman

Has anyone read this book? It's actually the first in a trilogy and I'm currently reading Tatiana & Alexander the second in the series. I really liked The Bronze Horseman and am enjoying Tatiana & Alexander so far. But what's pissing me off is that the 3rd book is only available with book clubs and I absolutely hate book clubs So now I'm wondering if and when it will be released in bookstores or on Amazon.

Anyways for anyone who hasn't read The Bronze Horseman it's very good and to those of you who have what were your thoughts about the book?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

does it have anything to do with the Butterscotch Stallion?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1578923 sorry; i had to...
    WHICH blond stud, nicknamed the "Butterscotch Stallion," has a perverse sexual bent? He recently picked up a girl at a wedding and the two went back to his hotel room. When the woman asked if he had a condom, the actor replied: "I don't want to have sex with you, but I do want to do something else" — and proceeded to lick her buttocks for "over two hours."
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; December 27th, 2006 at 07:19 PM.

Nope, never heard of that book. What is it?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Elite Member

I've read the three books in the series and I enjoyed the storyline of Tatiana and Alexander, not the sort of book that I normally go for but I did enjoy reading about their adventures.

You've read the 3rd? Where did you get it? I can't find it anywhere here it's only available in Australia I think Is it good?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    You've read the 3rd? Where did you get it? I can't find it anywhere here it's only available in Australia I think Is it good?
    Yes I read the 3rd book and yes got in Australia. It is a good read, though long over 800 pages, it ties up the whole story of Tatiana and Alexander. I hope you can find a copy somewhere.

I managed to get it, but only because one of my friend's father is Australian and my friend is over there visiting right now. I talked to him on MSN yesterday & he went to pick it up for me at a bookstore He's coming back the 1st week of January so I'll get it then.

Elite Member

Great you will be able to find out what happens

Silver Member

I LOVED that book. Finished it a few weeks ago and have just started reading Tatiana & Alexander. My library only had TBH so to get the other 2 in the trilogy I ended up buying all 3 from my bookclub. It was worth it as each book came out to about $16 (CDN) each and since each one is 600+ pages... bargain.

This type of book is one that I don't normally read so I was very surprised to find myself obsessed enough to buy all three before I'd gotten a 1/4 way through the first. I'm trying to savour the 2nd book so it lasts longer than the first (which I read in 3 days).

Quote Originally Posted by enctpc View Post
    Great you will be able to find out what happens
    Can't wait

I finished reading it a few days ago (The Summer Garden) really enjoyed it, although the first 100 pages were sort of long because the only thing they seemed to be doing was having sex.

Now I want to find a version of The Bridge to Holy Cross as it has more scenes than Tatiana & Alexander.

Thanks for the PM about the alternate version of the second book! Excellent information - I'll definitely look for that version once I finish the Bronze Horseman.

My pleasure

Thread Information