Login to remove the ads!

Thread: J.K. Rowling announces title of final "Harry Potter"

Default J.K. Rowling announces title of final "Harry Potter"

Final 'Harry Potter' title announced
    By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer
    Thu Dec 21, 11:38 AM ET

NEW YORK - We now have a title for Harry Potter VII. But if you want to find out for yourself, visit J.K. Rowling's Web site and play a little game of hangman.

Rowling's U.S. publisher, Scholastic Inc., released a brief statement Thursday announcing the name of the world's most anticipated children's book, the finale to her phenomenally popular fantasy series.

No publication date or other details were offered. Rowling is still working on the book, she explained on her Web site in an entry posted early Thursday.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she wrote. "I don't think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don't want, to finish this book (don't worry, I will.)"

Meanwhile, she set up a test for her Potter fans.

If you go to jkrowling.com, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room — you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. They click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.

Or you can just take Scholastic's word for it: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/...s_potter_title

I made the book title a spoiler in case anyone wants to go the the website and figure it out themselves. Highlight between the quotation marks if you want to see it.
    Last edited by Laurent; December 21st, 2006 at 07:17 PM.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Might want to change the spoiler color to grey, you can see the white against the quote background!! (I'm glad you provided, I'm too lazy to play the game)
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

I tried to change it to grey and it was even more obvious! I just took the quotes off instead.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oooh - that was exciting!!! I can't WAIT for the last book, although I'll be so sad that the series has finished. The title sounds strange but intriguing!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Weird title imo.

Spoiler below:

Hallow means "holy" or to revere. If she had called it "Hollows" as in a valley it would make more sense. Or she could have put Harry in the Appalachians and called it the "Deathly Holler".

I don't care if she kills Harry like she's been hinting.

Snape is my fave character.

^^^Ooh, how dark are you! Hermione's my fave character with Luna Lovegood as a close second.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Ron's my fav - all the way! Neville comes in at a close second though...Harry's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

I like the Harry Potter books but am I the only one who thinks J.K. Rowling is a bit wacky?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

^^ You call it wacky, I call it brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^^ You call it wacky, I call it brilliant.
    I mean her not the books
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I think she's gotta be a bit wacky to write all the brilliant, imaginative stuff she does.

Sometimes I think really good writers like her, Stephen King and J.R.R. Tolkien must be a little "off" and able to tap into other worlds, other dimensions that exist only in the scope of imagination. I mean, their stories and worlds are so fully detailed and well formed that it seems they already exist somewhere and they're just really good at finding language to describe it.

^^ I know what you meant but I still think she's brilliant. Have you ever heard her give a talk to kids about Harry? She is a little different but I love that she always manages to add to their excitement without giving stuff away.

I can't pick a favorite character. I really love them all.

Thread Information