Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an Heiress (by Paris Hilton... or by who wrote it for her)

Default Confessions of an Heiress (by Paris Hilton... or by who wrote it for her)

Hi everyone!
    I was thinking to buy Paris book, but I did not find "concrete" feedbacks on the Internet, so I still don't know if the price worths it (even if, at the present, there are advantageous purchases).
    If anyone read it, can you please tell me what do you think??? I just saw that it looks a bit like a fairy tales book for children, full of page-fit photos and a little text. I'd like to improve my English... Let me know!
    http://images.barnesandnoble.com/ima...00/9216928.jpg

Oh lord. I have read it; just to see if I could find something to like about her. Basically she brags about her life, and gives 'tips' that normal people like us could never use. And theres tons of pictures. I thought it was poorly written as well.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

lol, English is my second language and I don't think reading crap like that would improve it, JMO I'd rather read works of someone like Dickens over some celebutard nonsense. But each to their own, I guess.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

When I can buy it at the Dollar Store (in about 3 months from now) I may purchase it, to use to start fires in the fireplace.

When I can buy it at the Dollar Store (in about 3 months from now) I may purchase it, to use to start fires in the fireplace
    LMAO!!!! Why would you spend your hard earned money on that crap, even if it is a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    lol, English is my second language and I don't think reading crap like that would improve it, JMO I'd rather read works of someone like Dickens over some celebutard nonsense. But each to their own, I guess.
    It depends.
    I already know Standard English, and I just want to get to know the informal spoken/written language better.
    That's actually much more useful than Dickens.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Where are you from/what's your mother tongue Waikiki? The way I learned English, I focused more on grammar because it was actually easier for me to learn colloquial English. You need to use proper grammar for others to fully understand you and take you more seriously (<--by that I mean I didin't want to sound like a foreigner and people to think that I was somehow not intelligent because of bad grammar).
    If you want to learn slangs and everyday conversation type of English, maybe you could get a tutor whose native language is English. And this forum is a pretty good place already to see how people interact in written text Just a friendly suggestion from my experience, but everyone learns differently so again each to their own and by all means go ahead and read Paris' book.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

The reason why I want to learn the slang is the reason why I'm on this forum, as well as I read comics and modern litterature books. For that pursuit, Pars is one of the best teachers.
    i've been translating Medieval texts for ages, that's why I have strong grammar basis, of course. Now that I know it, I'm not a newbie. All I need is to come back to the real world, and have a go. Just like "if you ewant to improve your pronunciation, take a trip to the UK, don't listen to the cassetes".
    Right?
    Anyway... I really don't know wht to do with Confessions! I won't buy it I guess! If it's really that crap....

It all depends on if you're a fan of Paris; if not, the book really wont change your mind, it only made me personally, dislike her even more. She really is a superficial piece of shit.

I liked it, i thought it was funny in parts and some of good advice in there. Just a bit of fun really.

I think reading the back of cereal boxes will benefit your English skills more than reading this piece of crap. I picked it up and looked at it in the bookstore and that's all I needed to know it was worthless. It's just pictures that glorify her skankiness and rich lifestyle, along with advice like "Never leave the house without your favorite lip gloss and remember to dress your chihuahua in totally cute pink clothes! Wink!" She deserves a real bitch-smacking for that.

I thought Nicole Richie's book, "The Truth About Diamonds" was much better written (must've used a better ghost writer), and might help more in the way of practicing English. A pretty easy and fluffy, but entertaining read.

Waikiki, whatever you do, do NOT contribute to the bitches earnings, I beg you.

Confessions of an Airhead,,,,,sorry heiress.

Its so easily confused.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Gold Member

Two words:

Public Library.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Waikiki, whatever you do, do NOT contribute to the bitches earnings, I beg you.
    AHAHHAHAHA!! You're so nice!! I wanted to buy it but it always passed the 4 euros on Ebay and I always gave up. I didn't want to contribute to the bitches earinings, don't beg me, we're a team!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information