Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson: The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.

Default Marilyn Manson: The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.

I am fascinated by this guy, but I wouldn't say I was a fan who worships the ground he walks on. For everything I do agree with, theres plenty of other things he stands for that I don't. But I just reserved his autobio from my library because I suppose I'm curious.

Most people have said in reviews so far thats nothing but very descriptive stories of drugs, sex, violence and satanism. I'm thinking maybe reading it will be a mistake. I'm also not looking forward to the graphic images in the book, let alone the creepy looking front cover. But at the same time, I cant wait to see what this guy has to say.

Has anyone read it? And who would avoid it like the plague?

This guy is pretty creepy. Not a fan of the whole satanist thing... Watched a behind the music, to me, he seems like he was a very average unattractive kid who If I can remember correctly, liked stuff like Dungeons and Dragons, who has tried their very best to be as wierd as possible. He comes off to me like he just tries so hard to be different, and shock kinda like Madonna.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I like Manson. Whenever I see him in interviews, he always comes across as a pretty smart guy. And I'm pretty sure he's not really a Satanist. I think he just dabbled in it for shits n giggles.

I have'nt read the book, but I've been meaning to for years now. Let us know how it is.

I know the Church of Satan made him an honorary reverend, or something like that, but unless I'm mistaken, they can do that without the person in question being a member of the church? Someone deemed worthy of admiration, I guess.

Though from what I've heard him say in interviews, he does seem to embrace many of the principles of LaVeyan Satanism...though that could just be him being smarter than most people, I dunno...
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i've been a fan since 96'; the man is a genius in so many realms.

He isn't a SATAN WORSHIPPER. The Church of Satan is for people who dont believe in God or the devil. They believe they are their own god/devil. Manson is totally opposed to religion because he has seen catholic hypocrisy for himself. Totally understandable. In his book he said that he was told stories about the apocalypse and about Satan and it made him frightened; at his young age he thought he was the Anti christ that his school teacher went on and on about. I guess thats why they dont teach kids about the devil anymore; i went to catholic school, and they dont mention Satan.

At the same time, he was tormented by his classmates. He also had a grandfather who was into bestiality and manson found all weird shit in his grandparents basement. Quite a story.

The book is good, but abit disappointing. Its mainly just a count of all the people he's slept with-male and female, and all the drugs he's taken. And it gets repulsive after awhile.

It also features a few pages of all the rumours on the internet about him, which he has completely laughed off, and says, 'and they say I'M sick'. He's got a point there, only a fucking sicko would even have the mind to think up some of the crap.

Theres some very likeable about him, at least what I have seen in interviews. I think either you get him, or you don't. I don't know much about him, and haven't read the book, but would certainly give it a read...

Does he discuss his rampant drug abuse? Jenna, a total meth whore, said he was too heavy duty for her!

ON Vh1 they said he was a high priest in the Church and I Have seen a picture of him with Anton LaVey before he died.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't know if I'll read the book but I do like his music. Dope Show is still great.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    ON Vh1 they said he was a high priest in the Church and I Have seen a picture of him with Anton LaVey before he died.
    Thats true, but the Church of Satan is not as bad as it sounds. It doesn't practice anything in honour of Satan; the word Satan means opposer; and Satanists are opposed to all religion. They just believe they are their own god/devil. Jayne Mansfield was also a member of the Church of Satan.

I hear ya!!!^^^^ someone just said that they made him a member and they can do it w/out him knowing, just wanted to make it clear HE KNOWS........... Richard Ramirez was also a member and Anton's daughter went to his trial in support of him...... SOme of these people I believe do worship satan..... it is in the book the Night Stalker... Book gave me freakin nightmares. Not comparing Marilyn w/ Richard just stating that I think some of these people do worship satan.

Some of the more crazier members might but marilyn manson said 'I have never been a Satan worshipper, or someone who worships the devil', so he pretty much covered it with that.

Well not sure if I believe it......... He tries to hard to look like someone straight out of hell.......

Haha, i think he does alot of things to shock people, and he doesn't give a shit. Think about it; not many others out there like him.

he looks rather normal without makeup.

and in his book he said, people have called me 'the make-up caked, demon lover'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information