Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost

Default Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost

So its not high literature, but I liked book one quite a bit and am starting book 2 tonight. How many books are there in this series?

I have no idea why, but Bones looks like Bill Compton/Stephen Moyer in my mind, just minus the pose hard crap.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Haven't heard of this one,will have to look it up. I love a good series.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There are six so far and another one due this winter. However there are also Night Huntress World books which give side characters you encounter in the main series a story of their own. First Drop of Crimson covers Charles/Spade and Eternal Kiss of Darkness covers Mencheres. There's now also a Night Prince series which is (so far) two books in out of a planned trilogy for fan favourite Vlad.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

So I read books 2 and 3 this weekend. Absolutely, positively LOVE Book 2. LOVE IT! One and three are good, but two is the best. I think I'd like a go at Bones. maybe with a side of Juan.
    Kittylady and Karistiona like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ahhh the infamous Chapter 32!!!!
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Ahhh the infamous Chapter 32!!!!
    I had the audio books and sometimes used to have one on in the background when I was gaming. Gods knows how but I forgot about chapter 32 when I was listening with my roomie/BFF. There was a stunned silence from him when we got to that part and I pretended that I was completely engrossed in the game and hadn't noticed aaaaanything smutty blaring out at all.

Funnily enough it wasn't long after that that he borrowed my NH paperbacks and he's read pretty much all of them now.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

See I read that infamous chapter and I've gotta say it made me not want to read the series. Maybe I shouldn't have listened to the hype but everyone said it was the hottest sex scene ever and I was a little meh.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Did you just read the chapter or had you read the books up to that point? If I'd read it as a standalone I wouldn't have got it, but as I'd spent a book and a half getting to know the characters it made a big difference. Plus the sex scenes are only a small part of it - I enjoy them for the snark and the fights and the heads being ripped off.
    greysfang likes this.

I just read that chapter on its own but it was recommended by people on a SVM/TB board so I had an idea about the characters and the storyline up to that point. It was because they all raved about how it was the hottest thing ever and much hotter than Sookie and Eric's shower scene (which was hot but lame at the same time) so I was a little underwhelmed.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Night Huntress sex is a million times better than True Blood sex.
    Kittylady and ana-mish-ana like this.

Yep the build-up to it is half the fun. Jeaniene Frost has a new series coming next year and we're at the tail end of the Cat and Bones series. I think there are two more books to go. But it is one of my favourite PNRs.

Well, I like her characters and she tells a great story, so I will be keeping up with her. I am so done with Charlaine Harris, I never even finished the SVM series.

My only irritation with her is i see she has done a few short stories in this series that are only available as e-books. I HATE Kindle and its evil cousins and refuse to have anything to do with any type of e-reader.

e-novellas are going to be more popular now because of ereaders - I prefer ebooks to print these days because it is so convenient but I still get my faves in print. But Jeaniene may compile those shorts in an anthology in the future. Nalini Singh recently released her Psy/Changeling series which had some older published books and all new ones. And Patricia Briggs has a Mercyverse anthology coming out next year which will do the same.

I prefer old fashioned paper and pages books. I love the smell and the feel of books! Mind you I also don't have an e-reader so have to load *cough cough* e-books that other people have gifted me with on the laptop so that makes things a little awkward sometimes.

ETA: Greys as far as I know (not having read them myself) the short stories are just fun fillers and not major plot changers like Charlaine Harris used to do. I remember reading through the Sookie books and thinking I'd missed one out because there was all this shit being referred to that didn't make any sense whatsoever, only to find out later that it had been dealt with in a short story. I should have bailed on CH's arse there and then for the cynical way that she was trying to push an anthology that she was co-editor of by making it the only way to read a seemingly important event in the SVM series.

Yeah, I'm going to have to find these online somewhere in pdf format.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information