3. Ender's Game
    4. The Dune Chronicle
    5. A Song of Ice & Fire Series
    6. 1984
    7. Fahrenheit 451
    8. The Foundation Trilogy
    9. Brave New World
    10. American Gods

Great list to review and see what other books you might be interested in reading. I've read quite a few of these but there are many more that I need to check out. I disagree with the rankings of some though...

What are your favorites?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

All I needed to see was LOTR at #1 to tune out. Tolkien SUCKS.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Blog Entries

Mists of Avalon should have been on this list.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    All I needed to see was LOTR at #1 to tune out. Tolkien SUCKS.
    Even The Hobbit? I love that book!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Especially The Hobbit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Lalique did you read "A Song of Fire and Ice" series? I had never read any fantasy before reading this series. I recently finished the last one. I am so depressed to hear that "The Winds of Winter" might not be finished for years! Fans are worried he might die before finishing. He left so many cliff hangers. I loved every book. They were so well written.

Can you recommend anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Lalique did you read "A Song of Fire and Ice" series? I had never read any fantasy before reading this series. I recently finished the last one. I am so depressed to hear that "The Winds of Winter" might not be finished for years! Fans are worried he might die before finishing. He left so many cliff hangers. I loved every book. They were so well written.

Can you recommend anything similar?
    I am actually just starting "A Song of Fire and Ice" series! So, unfortunately, I can't recommend anything similar But I can strongly NOT recommend "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King.

^^Yes I read that is not his finest work.

I've never been so addicted to a series. I hope you enjoy them. He's just horrible with the cliffhangers at the end of every chapter, then he'd go to a different character's story. I'd think about throwing my book against the wall or firing off an email to George R. R. Martin. It definitely kept me reading though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I am actually just starting "A Song of Fire and Ice" series! So, unfortunately, I can't recommend anything similar But I can strongly NOT recommend "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King.

I read part of the first one and that was it. I can't believe how many people rave about that tripe, it was awful. I literaly got the first one out of the $3.99 bin the year after it came out.

^^Fire and Ice series or Dark Tower series? Do you recommend any on the list?

Dark Tower.

And I didn't read the list, I saw LOTR and literally stopped, I wasn't kidding.

i was never a big reader of sci-fi or fantasy but from that list, i did love:
    the hithchiker's guide to the galaxy
    1984, fahrenheit 451
    brave new world
    animal farm
    watchmen
    slaughter-house 5
    frankenstein
    the handmaid's tale
    cat's cradle
    a clockwork orange
    watership down
    20'000 leagues under the sea
    the last unicorn (and i absolutely loooooved the movie when i was little)
    the road
    journey to the centre of the earth

i would also like to add madeleine l'engle's young adult books (wrinkle in time and that whole series) to the list. i really enjoyed those when i was younger.

i read the time-traveller's wife and HATED it, don't know why it's on the list. it's the fantasy equivalent of 'the notebook'.

i tried to read tolkien. several times. my brothers are huge fans. but i just couldn't get into it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My brother was a huge fan of Tolkien too. He was around eleven or twelve when he read the books. He kept telling us he wanted to live in Middle Earth, whatever that means lol. I didn't read it.

Brave New World is one of my favorite books of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

For one, Dune was better than Ender's Game. Secondly, Ender's Game is written by a rabid, right wing homophobic asshole who literally wants gays dead. I burned my copy when I found out.

Secondly, the first Dark Tower book and The Drawing of the Three are good... The dark Tower is a kind of bizarre dreamstate book, I find it very interesting.

After those 2 Stephen King was off the coke, and they turned into garbage.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information