Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: SVZ's blind item

I like Uma. Going with Demi although I wish it was Angie.

Bronze Member

Gotta be the worst actor in the world..Bruce Willis

Elite Member

OK, let me take a guess at this, using the earlier-posted list:

Denzel Washington: nope. Denzel can flat out act. He's one of the few actors that can make an average seem good with his performance alone. No help is needed on his part.

Russell Crowe: no. His roles have been too versatile for him to be propped in that fashion. Plus with his temper, I don't imagine he's in a position to be covered like that.

Morgan Freeman: nope. He's been playing the wise old man for years now, but he can still bring the heat when needed. With his long career, someone would have called him on it by now.

Jack Nicholson: no. He's similiar to Freeman in that he plays himself at this point his career. But just watch some of his earlier work and you'll know that Ol' Jack has got the chops. They would cover for him, but I don't think it's necessary, even now.

Jodie Foster: no way. This woman is one of the best. Not her.

Robert De Niro: a once great actor who's just in it for the money at this point. But I can see a director covering for him based on his past greatness. Not convinced that it's him, but it's a possibility.

John Travolta: I'll say no, because his career was in the dumps for years before Pulp Fiction. He's not world-class, but I don't see anyone bothering with covering for him.

Tom Hanks: no. He's capable of good performances and while he's got the pull for this kind of protection, I don't think he needs it.

Brad Pitt: I've grown to appreciate Brad's acting. He could have made it by on just looks alone, but he really chooses challenging roles. He can act. I don't think it's him.

Demi Moore: an average actor, but I don't see anyone covering for her, especially now with her career slowing down.

Bruce Willis: maybe, but he doesn't seem to stretch his abilities too much, so I doubt it's him.

Nicolas Cage: possibly. He's only good in certain roles and with his general creepiness, someone is bound to bust him for making it this long just for being Francis Ford Coppola's nephew.

Gwyneth Paltrow: I don't care for her acting, but with her Hollywood parentage, folks would shield her if she wasn't good. I think she's just good enough for this not to be her.

Julia Roberts: nah. Not that she's some great shakes, but she doesn't make a lot of movies these days, so there's no need to cover for her.

Uma Thurman: her career has been too up-and-down. If she had gotten this kind of protection, her career would have had a better projectory.

Nicole Kidman: maybe. She's still getting by on how sorry folks felt for her after Cruise dumped her. I never thought she was particularly good. She's more a model that recites lines for me. A contender for this.

Sharon Stone: no one is going to cover for her flaky ass at this point. She's pretty much washed up.

Angelina Jolie: no. She's not great, but has enough talent to get by in most cases.

Reese Witherspoon: maybe. She's a Hollywood darling who's cute and got cheated on--they love to coddle those types, so covering for the little pixie isn't out of the question.

Jake Gyllenhaal: STRONG possibility. He's almost as bad as Keanu when it comes to being wooden. But where Keanu stays in his wheelhouse, Jake tries to be a true thespian and I never quite buy into it. But he's attractive and has Hollywood insiders for parents, plus he's hooked up with one of Tinseltown's sweethearts in Reese. Someone would protect him for sure.

I'm going to guess Jake for this one.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Jake??? It is not Donnie Darko.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Well just tell us. It's just gossip. You're not gonna get sued. A rag would, but not a gossip board! For example, I heard from a TV show producer friend that Jamie Lynn Spears' baby daddy is actually a producer from her Nickelodeon show. And Mama Spears knows. And that Chris Klein is Suri's daddy, but didn't want anything to do with Katie or the baby. Enter Tom Cruise to save Katie's reputation.

Anyhoo.

Can you tell us who's got it wrong?

yah, can you tell us the gender please.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Ack c'mon SVZ throw us a bone!!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Jake G? No way. You must have never seen Donnie Darko.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Jake G was the first one I thought of.

This has to be someone who is enough of a box office draw for the producers/studios to be willing to go to this length.

Someone who pulls in people to a movie, regardless of how crappy their acting or the movie is. E.g. Nic Cage, Julia R. I don't think somone like Jake G. fits that.

Or someone who's central to a popular franchise (e.g. Nic Cage, Keanu).

Although, I'm guessing this isn't Nic Cage or Keanu since SVZ said we were off track. So I'm thinking it's one of the actresses. Likely Julia R.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

god if this is julia roberts I will pee.

Lol. She is the most over-rated bag of horse teeth to ever make millions upon millions in Hollywood.

edit: I just caught the part about 'why their films take so long to complete'. So who habitually runs past production time?

And if it's Angelina Jolie it would not surprise me at all, she's another one that walks through every movie playing herself. Or herself with an accent, like in "A Mighty Heart". I don't blame people for boycotting that one, casting her in it was insulting to Daniel Pearl's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    This has to be someone who is enough of a box office draw for the producers/studios to be willing to go to this length.

Someone who pulls in people to a movie, regardless of how crappy their acting or the movie is. E.g. Nic Cage, Julia R. I don't think somone like Jake G. fits that.

Or someone who's central to a popular franchise (e.g. Nic Cage, Keanu).

Although, I'm guessing this isn't Nic Cage or Keanu since SVZ said we were off track. So I'm thinking it's one of the actresses. Likely Julia R.

Exactly, its the GMD.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Jake G? No way. You must have never seen Donnie Darko.
    Or maybe he was the reason David Fincher had to do 90 takes of every scene of Zodiac. j/k Fincher is just that kind of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    god if this is julia roberts I will pee.

Lol. She is the most over-rated bag of horse teeth to ever make millions upon millions in Hollywood.
    God, I know. I can't stand her. I really want this to be her.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Exactly, its the GMD.
    Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the GMD for this one.

He's got enough clout that he could get away with it, and his movies do seem to take a long time to complete. And he's totally overrated as an actor and I could totally see him just imitating what the acting coach does.

Oh, plus, wasn't he dyslexic? So maybe it started as a way for him to learn his lines, without having to read the script? And now he's just dependent on it?

(Speaking of the annoying little man, I saw a preview for Valkyrie the other night - ).
    Last edited by Tati; November 18th, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information