Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: SVZ's blind item

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh my impression is that he got a tid bit at a dinner party with a director and wants to subtly pass it on and we to guess it. I see him saying that he'll "make a post" after the person has been named. I do not see him saying he will name the person at all.

Logically it would be a tad weird for him to go onto his gossip sight and spill the beans just like that? I mean? Way to blow a contact? You know?

I think its like that hotter and colder hide and seek game. He's only going to tell us when we're wrong and drop hints.

Though Kidman has been a skinema.com mainstay, only recently has her career capping condition come to our attention. At several movie premieres, Nicole has been caught red-handed, literally. Though her face and arms appear flawless, her hands occasionally are seen bright red, wrinkled, fissured, and scaly. When she won the Oscar, Australian tabloids were cruel enough to decry her "Dish pan hands." There are a few possible diagnoses for her purple palms, including a blood vessel problem called Reynaud's phenomenon, a form of lupus, or possibly an allergic reaction. The most common cause of this crimson color is the pesky problem called eczema. Eczema, though not always due to excessive hand washing, can be made worse by harsh soaps. Dryness and irritation of the skin results in itch and inflammation. Scratching then creates a vicious cycle of deteriorating dermatitis.

Skinema: Skinnies 2005 Nicole Kidman lifetime achievement
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Oh, we're just having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
    Oh my impression is that he got a tid bit at a dinner party with a director and wants to subtly pass it on and we to guess it. I see him saying that he'll "make a post" after the person has been named. I do not see him saying he will name the person at all.

Logically it would be a tad weird for him to go onto his gossip sight and spill the beans just like that? I mean? Way to blow a contact? You know?

I think its like that hotter and colder hide and seek game. He's only going to tell us when we're wrong and drop hints.
    Maybe so. Who knows.
    This thread is boring me now.

Seriously, think about it. Why would movie lots pay someone millions upon millions, just to have someone else act it out? Why not just hire the "someone else" or someone that can actually act?
    It really makes no sense whatsoever. All this would do is cost everyone involved more time and money. I don't see the film exes. putting up with that. I mean come on, 2 weeks and they are still filming the same scene? That sounds like BS to me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Maybe so. Who knows.
    This thread is boring me now.

Seriously, think about it. Why would movie lots pay someone millions upon millions, just to have someone else act it out? Why not just hire the "someone else" or someone that can actually act?
    It really makes no sense whatsoever. All this would do is cost everyone involved more time and money. I don't see the film exes. putting up with that. I mean come on, 2 weeks and they are still filming the same scene? That sounds like BS to me.
    I agree with this. What if the director has a vendetta against the actor and is trying to start a nasty rumor to destroy his/her reputation with the public?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Who knows. I don't really see what the big deal is in having an onset acting coach. The actor is still the one doing it for the camera.

But two words for you. Milli Vanilli People like an image.

Like for example Tom Cruise. I think he's a charismatic personality on screen and a good actor. But his personal life and couch hopping scientology schtick ruined him as an actor. So even though he's still the same actor all the rest of his movies are going to bomb because people don't like him.

Actresses like Julia Roberts the same thing. When she got too too nasty she just ruined herself and her public image. No one gives a darn about Julia Roberts any more. She went from being the highest paid actress in Hollywood to being a crass shrew. Back in the day you'd do anything to get her in a movie. Now? Not so much. I don't see too many people wanting to work with her any more.

The same with Meg Ryan who used to be America's sweetheart. Talent has very little to do with public draw.

It makes sense to me if the person is a big box office draw. Especially if they're part of a big franchise, or something, where they're central to the success of the film. The acting coach may be good but if they don't have the image/looks/charisma/whatever, then it wouldn't do any good having them in the film. I like Dahli's analogy to Milli Vanilli.

I can totally see a greedy set of producers doing this if they think it'll help with the box office. Maybe not on some independent, small-budget project, but on a film with big box office potential.

Oh, and on the Zoidberg/lobster connection - aren't lobsters hermaphroditic? There've been rumours for years that Nicole was born a hermaphrodite (stupid urban legend that seems to have replaced the "Jamie Lee Curtis is a hermaphrodite" rumour from the 1980s).
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    It makes sense to me if the person is a big box office draw. Especially if they're part of a big franchise, or something, where they're central to the success of the film. The acting coach may be good but if they don't have the image/looks/charisma/whatever, then it wouldn't do any good having them in the film. I like Dahli's analogy to Milli Vanilli.

I can totally see a greedy set of producers doing this if they think it'll help with the box office. Maybe not on some independent, small-budget project, but on a film with big box office potential.

Oh, and on the Zoidberg/lobster connection - aren't lobsters hermaphroditic? There've been rumours for years that Nicole was born a hermaphrodite (stupid urban legend that seems to have replaced the "Jamie Lee Curtis is a hermaphrodite" rumour from the 1980s).
    There's always another big name out there that can actually act...in other words..instead of hiring this person, hire Denzel or Charlize.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Right Sweetie. That's how it works in Hollywood. That's how Nicole and Paris got their own tv show. On talent.

Nicole and Paris were doing a reality show not big budget movies... Something you don't need talent for.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
    Right Sweetie. That's how it works in Hollywood. That's how Nicole and Paris got their own tv show. On talent.
    I don't think it really takes talent to get a REALITY show. Thanks for your opinion though.

All this would do is cost everyone involved more time and money. I don't see the film exes. putting up with that. I mean come on, 2 weeks and they are still filming the same scene? That sounds like BS to me.
    No offense, but you totally don't get the film industry. They absolutely WOULD do something like this. Because its all about the bottom-line. Another random actor couldn't open a movie like (I'm assuming) Nicole Kidman. When you're talking about that caliber of star, literally, all you need is their name. Scripts and movies live and die based on whose name is attached to it. And execs will do whatever it takes to keep that person attached to it, even if it means putting up with their stupid acting coach and crazy demands.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Marilyn Monroe used her acting coach ALOT.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I have to agree, Hollywood is all about image and whose name will put the most asses in seats. I have no trouble believing they'll put up with anything for the sake of $$$$.

Thread Information