Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The story of Mr. Moviestar and Mr. Moviemaker and where it all went wrong…

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I put my money on Spielberg if it comes down to it. Spielberg has been in the business for a LONG ASS time and commands pretty much all the respect and power of someone who has, frankly, not been surpassed on sheer moneymaking ability and longevity.

Sure, the CO$ is scary and Cruisetard probably has a few lame-ass actors on his side who've all drunk the koolaid but Spielberg will most likely have the most powerful people in hollywood (studio bosses, execs) in his pocket.

I hope Spielberg mops the floor with the little shit and his crackpot church.
    Agree - Thetan Tommy has lost his power and influence in the last 18 months as he has moved from quirky to batshit crazy. However, he hasn't realised he's lost that influence! He still thinks he has that power.

Which will make this melodrama interesting to watch... little Tommy's heading for a smackdown of epic proportions if he's stupid enough to take on Spielberg and his powerful allies.

Wow that was great! Well done Natalie for typing it all out again with the proper names

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Which will make this melodrama interesting to watch... little Tommy's heading for a smackdown of epic proportions if he's stupid enough to take on Spielberg and his powerful allies.

I know!!! I'm nearly bouncing up and down with glee, I can't wait. its going to be so fun. He's going to do something of epic proportions because his crazy tells him he's got the backing.

I can totally see him storming the Academy Awards when he doesn't win for this movie about Hitler he's filming. He'll be followed by his minions and try to take the stage and lecture about his craziness, only to be laughed by everyone and hauled off by security.

It'll be beautiful. And I think it will be so much more hilarious than what I've dreamed up.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Good one, Cali.

Wasn't there something about Sumner Redstone holding out an olive branch to Cruise recently (a few months ago)? I'd like to know the story behind that.

It's interesting that Paramount wanted to get rid of Cruise, I think it goes beyond the movies not making enough money. And it's unfortunate that ole Tommy boy had the clout to get his own scene going with whatshername (his production assistant).

All I know is those assholes expected everyone at Paramount to take a mandatory one week layoff without pay so that Paramount could recoup its "losses." (The husband of a good friend of mine works for Paramount.)

From what I understand there are quite a few Scientologists high up in the studios and agencies as well. That's part of the reason why so many actors have their careers fast forwarded. So while, yes, I believe Spielberg would win this fight, it wouldn't be pretty or easy and I have a feeling he won't just jump into it unless they really, really provoke him.
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    ^Good one, Cali.

Wasn't there something about Sumner Redstone holding out an olive branch to Cruise recently (a few months ago)? I'd like to know the story behind that.

It's interesting that Paramount wanted to get rid of Cruise, I think it goes beyond the movies not making enough money. And it's unfortunate that ole Tommy boy had the clout to get his own scene going with whatshername (his production assistant).

All I know is those assholes expected everyone at Paramount to take a mandatory one week layoff without pay so that Paramount could recoup its "losses." (The husband of a good friend of mine works for Paramount.)
    The Paramount thing was ALL about money. It wasn't about the movies not making enough money per se, it was about the incredibly rich back-end deal Cruise had whereby even if the movies tanked, he still made huge amounts of money. Redstone didn't like that Cruise made far more than the studio when MI 3 didn't perform as expected, and that, combined with his Oprah antics, was the end.

Paramount sucks, hugely, and always has re its treatment of employees, unless you're Mr. Cruise!

^Good one, Cali.

Yea, this was fairly recent. Why now? And nothing further was said in public.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    The Paramount thing was ALL about money. It wasn't about the movies not making enough money per se, it was about the incredibly rich back-end deal Cruise had whereby even if the movies tanked, he still made huge amounts of money. Redstone didn't like that Cruise made far more than the studio when MI 3 didn't perform as expected, and that, combined with his Oprah antics, was the end.

Paramount sucks, hugely, and always has re its treatment of employees, unless you're Mr. Cruise!
    Well in that case I'm team Sumner, not that I wasn't before now. Expecting employees to take a week's hit is very unethical and quite crippling for most people. My friend's hubby is ok, but only because he lives frugally and is saving for retirement. So he had a cushion that many other people don't.

Default Obvious who it is

and not just because the first link on the copied google version happens to contain his name.

What I don't understand is why he's so upset about how OTHER people live their lives. Surely he has enough money to distract himself from such a futile cause?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    From what I understand there are quite a few Scientologists high up in the studios and agencies as well. That's part of the reason why so many actors have their careers fast forwarded. So while, yes, I believe Spielberg would win this fight, it wouldn't be pretty or easy and I have a feeling he won't just jump into it unless they really, really provoke him.
    I agree. And it's not just about money. It's as much about POWER as it is about money.

Personally I hope the Jewish faction wins. I'll take a good ole Abrahamic religion over Xenu any day.

Didn't the rumor about Rob Thomas and Tom Cruise originate from an email that supposedly came from a staffer at Paramount Studios? If a studio wanted to damage someone in Hollywood, the quickest and cleanest way would be to send out a blast email with damaging info to all of the gossip blogs. Paramount wanted to cut ties with TC and didn't want to make the first move while he still had some heat with his career. They were able to dump him after he jumped on Oprah's couch. You can't sell crazy at the box office.

Hit By Ban Bus!

emails can be traced otherwise someone surely would have done it by now.

I've always thought it was curious that Tom's lawyer. Bert Fields, never threatened to sue anyone about that rumor. He certainly didn't have a problem threatening people in the past if they printed damaging articles about Tom.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's because he took care of it behind closed doors with Rob Thomas's wife, whatshername.

emails can be traced otherwise someone surely would have done it by now.
    They can be, but anyone could also just make a free web-based account and use it from an internet cafe somewhere. Traceable only to whatever fake name they give.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information