Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The story of Mr. Moviestar and Mr. Moviemaker and where it all went wrong…

I zap people all the time specially at this time of year when the air is so dry and everything gets static.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

• Have you driven anyone insane?

Well Tom Cruise must have failed this question because he's literally driving me insane....
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Default For consistency I think this should also be posted onto the original thread

We started our report with the end of one of Hollywood’s better friendships and the events that had led to this. Now we continue we can tell you that the end of this friendship has led to a bitter animosity, ending the status quo between to powerful groups in Hollywood that had held for years. But with two big players of both camps at each others throats, all bets and the gloves are off. After one of their most prominent members found himself under aggressive attack by the church of strong believers, an old and powerful lobby in Hollywood entered the battlefield and started dealing some punishing blows in recent months. And now the gloves really are off. Not taking sides no longer seems to be option, and not getting squashed the biggest concern of the day…..

When we ended our story of mr moviemaker and mr moviestar, mr moviemaker issued mr moviestar the stern warning to not make him his enemy, and yet…. That is exactly what mr moviemaker proceeded in doing in the weeks and months that followed.
    The result? A full scale war raging through Hollywood . Maybe mostly behind the scenes, but close observers most certainly must have picked up on it at least somehwat, because the first casualties have fallen already. It’s the team of mr moviemaker dealing the hardest of often lethal blows to their opponents, while suffering little from the retaliation measures of the opponent.
    These are the Hollywood wars…..

Several events took place that ultimately would lead to this escalation of a full scale war, we will pick some of them out in this first installment of our report of the Hollywood wars;

a- when strangers come calling

Several weeks after the final confrontation between mr moviemaker and mr moviestar, mr moviemaker is approached by a member of his security detail. Mr moviemaker receives the alarming news security guards of mrs moviemaker have noticed she’s being followed, and has been for some time now, and what’s more; someone has been making inquires about her.
    Using his connections with local authorities mr moviemaker quickly learns PI’s have been send on his wife to follow and find incriminating information in her past. Officially it’s not known who hired the PI’s, but Mr moviemaker has a strong hunch. His legal team strong arms the PI agency and they back off.

No more than two weeks after that, mr moviemaker receives a phone call from a friendly reporter of a bigger national broadcast association in the United States. The reporter asks for a meeting and alerts Mr moviemaker some disturbing information has come to his attention.
    At their meeting the reporter informs mr moviemaker the broadcast had been offered an explosive story about Mr moviemaker that would ruin his reputation for ever. Because of the nature of the revelation the broadcast cross referenced and cheeked the information, before the decision to broadcast or not was made. Luckily for them and mr moviemaker they did so, because in the process of checking and rechecking they discovered glaring inaccuracies and even bold faced lies in the initial information offered to them.
    Shocked and appalled by the nature of the lies and the clear intentions of damage and destroy behind it, the broadcast not only decided against broadcasting, but also found it their duty to warn Mr. Moviemaker.

After this second attack in short succession, mr moviemaker’s fury mounted, but he did not retaliate…..yet…

b- things that go bump into the night

A few weeks further in time. Mr moviemaker is of shooting another adventure movie. When suddenly the movie world
    is rocked by two incidents surrounding mr moviemaker’s newest movie that follow in quick succession; first a rather unknown extra in the movie spills the beans concerning the plot of the new movie, leading to an unprecedented eruption of anger of mr moviemaker. And not much later after that there was a mysterious theft from one of his offices….

Some people were stunned by mr moviemaker’s furious reaction. Some even stated he was suffering from paranoia when he claimed much more was going on than people realized ; this was not just a case of a kid shooting of his mouth, larger forces were at work trying to sabotage him… but was this so far fetched?…..

people might reconsider that would they have known the considerably amount of cash flow that mysteriously appeared on the boy’s bank account, only weeks after his small indiscretion….. and should they have known one of the boy’s best friends was a member of the church of strong believers…..In others words, they had successfully managed to more or less infiltrate mr moviemakers heavily guarded team and mr moviemaker was less than happy with the way things were going.

Still, he did not retaliate after this latest provocation either. That took one more breach in his faltering security system….

As if a no name extra spilling the beans on a multi million dollar movie wasn’t a big enough provocation the burglary in one of mr moviemaker’s offices that followed sure was. The break-inn made all the headlines. Officially only material from his latest movies was stolen but in reality the office had been ransacked and many confidential papers and material had been taken.
    The content of some of the documents was considered so valuable even an official sting operation was set up by police and authorities to retrieve many of the stolen documents.
    For mr moviemaker this was the final straw.

Mr moviemaker realized his usually strong defenses were not enough to shield him against the attacks launched at him in recent weeks. He was pretty certain he knew where these attacks were coming from and he knew he needed the backup of a strong and old ally.
    It only took one word from their beleaguered and without any doubt one of the most prominent and powerful members for one of the oldest and most powerful lobbies in Hollywood to swing into action.
    And when they did, they did so with vigor and frightening effectively, quickly claiming their first casualties. Sending a very clear message from moment one; the gloves are off, the war is on and we take no prisoners….

This war is raging in Hollywood while we print this. In the coming weeks we will bring you the full story behind it.

*London sentinal

Default http://spielster.blogspot.com/2008/01/csi-and-wrath-of-cruise-part-2.html

Thursday, January 17, 2008

CSI and the Wrath of Cruise, part 2

Scientology began their efforts on recruiting young celebrities in the 1960’s. The idea came from the top that if they had famous people as members, they would draw in interest from everyday people. Specifically in the 60’s, most well known celebrities “tried out” various religions, i.e. Transcendental Meditation for the Beatles, Magik for Led Zeppelin.

While they might not have stayed as long as the religious leaders would have like them to, they did bring a cache to various movements. L. Ron Hubbard believed that their religion would draw in the rich and the famous because of its tenets and practices. Hubbard and the executive members of the church became obsessed with obtaining celebrity members. Down to the nitty gritty of CSI, the core “belief” is to improve your status on this earth, you need to improve yourself. After spending about $867,045 on your various classes and audits to get yourself to the point of “clear”, Scientologists believe that once they achieve that level they will be able to control time, matter and space. So basically, this would make the highest ranking members, those who have obtained the highest OT Levels, as present day gods. Now they believe if you are able to rid yourself of your body thetans, or the aliens who came back to the earth to inhabit humans and lower their success rates for a positive life, you have obtained the highest levels and therefore can control the things around you. Anything that I have not covered in this introduction to the Wrath of Cruise about Scientology can be easily found here and here and here.One could easily see why this religion would be quite attractive to a narcissistic character, which most famous celebs and actors are. (Forgive the generalization!)

While the religious “fad” began to all but stop in Hollywood in the 1970’s, Scientology still knew they needed famous followers to promote “their brand”. I am not one hundred percent sure of the reason they first targeted John Travolta for a coveted space in the church, but after receiving audits on a movie set, he was hooked. Insiders say that he turned to the religion to “clean himself” of his homosexuality and increase his presence in Hollywood. He became a poster boy for religion in the early 80’s, at the peak of his career. While many other celebs are members, Travolta was a golden child who cited Scientology has the helping force which led to his success and stardom. But differently then Cruise's relationship with the church and before Micavige's revamping the "branding", most members were quiet about their involvement, only citing the books and techniques as tools as to remove stress and negative effects on their daily lives.

After his marriage to Kelly Preston, who is also a member of the church, and his obtaining the highest level within CSI, Travolta’s career began to fail. His movie roles were weak and the public’s interest in him continued to diminish. His private life was also an issue for him, with the various inside talk about his secret affairs and “boy toys”. Some have said that since the church was not able to fully “cure” him of his homosexuality, they merely helped him keep it under wraps to prevent scandal for both him and CSI. The only problem with this is that while you are getting audited, which is the removal of negative aliens and previous experiences who diminish your capacity to succeed, you end up coping to a lot of shit you might not say otherwise, quite similar to a visit to the psychiatrist, except these recordings are taped and cataloged. Travolta knew that there is no way to leave the church, since the damning evidence they have on him is so strong, so he maintained his position and continued with his practices. While this was occurring, David Miscavige was using his new position as Chairman or leader of the Church of Scientology, to promote it in a different way.
    Miscavige, who was once an aid to Hubbard as a teenager, wanted to present the religion with a new focus to the masses. The church would go through various issues in the mid 1980's, including the purchasing of the majority of the downtown area of Clearwater, FL and vast exeposure they were actually seeking now to increase membership. In order to do this, there would have to be a new poster boy and a different image. What is awfully ironic is that when they decided upon Cruise, no one was aware of how much notoriety would be brought to the religion with his association, nor the effect he himself would have on the church.

GO TEAM SPIELBERG! Hunt them down, round them up, wipe them out.

*goes to get his TEAM SPIELBERG T-SHIRT*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Have you given robots a bad name?
    L. Ron Hubbard was totally jealous of Asimov.

Is anyone else freaked out by this pic? It's the eyes

Miscavige

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Is anyone else freaked out by this pic? It's the eyes

Miscavige
    he reminds me of Gordon Gekko from "Wall Street".

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    ηαтαℓιε
    wнo ѕayѕ noтнιng ιѕ ιмpoѕѕιвle. ι've вeen doιng noтнιng ғor yearѕ

I love the world takeover map in the back ground of that^ pic.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I guess so.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Default Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography

I'm reading the Andrew Morton book so I'm going to post a few choice items from time to time as I come across them:

This is after "Taps" and just before he began filming "Risky Business."

Before he flew to Chicago to begin filming, his former school friends got the chance to catch up with Tom when he arrived for a beach party at Lavallette resort on the New Jersey coast. Wearing a beret at at rakish angle and what was described as a "Hollywood getup," he left no one in any doubt that he felt he was doing them all a favor just by turning up.

But if the cool dude from the West Coast had meant to impress them, he signally failed. "He just looked silly," recalled his old girlfriend Diane Van Zoeren. The dubious beret aside, he was confident, in control, and "on fire" with drive and ambition, no longer the dorky high-school kid of two years before. He took himself very seriously indeed. At one point during the evening, he took his former girlfriend to one side and announced gravely, "I have taken Hollywood by the balls."
    Last edited by judejack; January 31st, 2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling error

Bronze Member

Wearing a beret at at rakish angle = Gay

I wonder whose balls he took while climbing the fame ladder...
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

He wasn't even the star of Taps though. I don't know why he would feel he had anyone by the balls.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Default Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography

During filming of Risky Business:

Tom did apparently try to throw his weight around on set. In the early days of the shoot, the actor complained that he and Rebecca De Mornay were just not jelling on camera. When he told coproducer Steve Tisch that he felt she was miscast, Tisch gave Tom short shrift, explaining that they thought she was doing a terrific job and had no intention of replacing her.

This episode did not particularly endear him to other cast members who, even twenty years later, have little praiseworthy to say.

A frequent comment was that he liked to expose the vulnerability in others and then crush them . . ."It was just put-down after put-down of everyone and everything," observed a former colleague who described him as "bland as tofu but without the flavor."

Thread Information