Login to remove the ads!
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 449
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: The Mystery Of "Himmmm"

  1. #151
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I remember suspicions early on of Enty being more than one person.

  2. #152
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie123 View Post
    I remember suspicions early on of Enty being more than one person.
    I tend to believe that rumor. There are times where the writing is harsher as opposed to simple snark. I think there may be 3 or 4 Entys who take turns writing the blog.

  3. #153
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I thought Courtney Stodden's mother was bad, but at least she was public about their arrangement.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

  4. #154
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    12,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't think it's impossible to win. As an example, in 1981, comedian Carol Burnett won a $1.6 million judgement from the National Enquirer, after they claimed she was drunk at a party.


    In the case, of Douglas and the CDAN site, the charges are so over the top, that they would probably be characterized as "libel per se", and malice would not need to be proven.
    Mohandas, you know lots and lots of stuff, but libel per se simply does not exist for celebrities. Just because the charges are sickeningly outlandish, doesn't make them false or actionable.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  5. #155
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    18,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Mohandas, you know lots and lots of stuff, but libel per se simply does not exist for celebrities. Just because the charges are sickeningly outlandish, doesn't make them false or actionable.
    But I was partially awake during my semester of "Journalism and Law" classes!

    I definitely recognize that I am out of my element on this. But given the facts of the Burnett case, where the allegations were minor, comparatively speaking, compared to this one, how would someone like Kirk Douglas NOT have a case?

  6. #156
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    28,412

    Default

    another gawker gem comment

    The weirdest part of this whole thing is when you start to reconsider and reread these "blinds" this commentator is dropping.

    "He laughed at her as she fell down, her legs so wobbly and weak. She gathered her torn clothes, and tried to walk out of the hotel and to her car - blood and semen running down her legs and bruises already forming on her face."

    Are we to assume that he was told all this by Natasha Gregson? She said to him as they were chilling on set one day, "Yeah, she had blood and semen running down her legs. She hated herself and wanted to die. Wanna run lines?"

    This little story gets very detailed.

    This sounds like it comes from literotica dot fucking com, the magna carta of porn for nerds.

    Or this sounds like something read in a biography and embellished. This sounds TOO INSIDER to be insider knowledge.

    When you start to think about his comments about Hayden being this oversexed barely legal vixen into everything imaginable you start to see that this fucker is just providing the daily dose of fanfic porn for his unwitting audience.

    This is likely some struggling screenwriter who's heard a lot of Hollywood stories. None of the things he's said are so earth shattering that a real insider has to be the one telling them. I'm sure any entry level production assistant could tell us the same thing. I don't think it's Robert Downey Jr., or some child of a famous Hollywood family, or... anyone we know.

    This be a successful troll.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 16th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    rem_in likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

  7. #157
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    12,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    But I was partially awake during my semester of "Journalism and Law" classes!

    I definitely recognize that I am out of my element on this. But given the facts of the Burnett case, where the allegations were minor, comparatively speaking, compared to this one, how would someone like Kirk Douglas NOT have a case?
    Fair enough, but the very first element is that the statement is false - and demonstratably false and the speaker knows it's false and intends to harm the "victim" by saying it. That's why so many celebs who threaten to sue never do, a lot of gossip is actually true.
    Last edited by MontanaMama; March 16th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  8. #158
    Gold Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    another gawker gem comment


    That's the other thing that irks me about everything "spilled". It was all TOO detailed.
    wtf?

  9. #159
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    18,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Fair enough, but the very first element is that the statement is false - and demonstratably false and the speaker knows it's false and intends to harm the "victim" by saying it. That's why so many celebs who threaten to sue never due, a lot of gossip is actually true.
    And, conversely, even if it's false, a celeb has to go to the trouble of hiring a lawyer to pursue it - potentially giving the defamatory comments even more publicity.

  10. #160
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    12,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And, conversely, even if it's false, a celeb has to go to the trouble of hiring a lawyer to pursue it - potentially giving the defamatory comments even more publicity.
    Absolutely.

    In the comments of CDAN today on an article about Ali Landry and Mario Lopez, there's a poster called PS, seems like Himmmmm. Or trying to be.

    Crazy Days and Nights: Ali Landry Tapped Mario Lopez's Phone
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  11. #161
    Elite Member hustle4alivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    I never thought "Enty" was an actual lawyer. I figured "Enty" was either a bunch of gossipy paralegals privy to some damning info or some wannabe on the fringes of hollyweird on the outside looking in. Most attorneys don't have the time and dedication for that type of blog.

  12. #162
    Bronze Member TheBoyWhoLived's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    PS totally sounds like Himmmmm. The tone is similar.

  13. #163
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    18,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I never thought "Enty" was an actual lawyer. I figured "Enty" was either a bunch of gossipy paralegals privy to some damning info or some wannabe on the fringes of hollyweird on the outside looking in. Most attorneys don't have the time and dedication for that type of blog.
    And can you imagine if you were a lawyer who people found out was spilling privliged attorney-client information on to a widely read web page? Probably disbarred and then sued....
    hustle4alivin likes this.

  14. #164
    Elite Member hustle4alivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And can you imagine if you were a lawyer who people found out was spilling privliged attorney-client information on to a widely read web page? Probably disbarred and then sued....
    I agree, because that was the main reason why I know the webmaster of that site couldn't be an attorney.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; March 16th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

  15. #165
    Bronze Member PinkPanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyWhoLived View Post
    PS totally sounds like Himmmmm. The tone is similar.
    Trolls usually can't stop even if they want to, at least not on the first try.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "Anti-socialism" dumbasses shout "Heil Hitler!" and "Nazi" to Jews
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: August 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 12:59 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM
  4. Kevin Federline out with a "mystery" woman (12/28/2006)
    By wheelbarrow in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 27th, 2005, 03:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •