Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

Is Toxic from her latest, though? Doesn't the item say the singer has been on her own for the last couple of albums?

edit: Actually, maybe not - the item prefaces with "towards the end of last year...", at which point they agreed the star would be on her own for future albums. Could be Brit indeed. Maybe that's actually why she hasn't been working...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Yeah but Britney was on Star Search and had a voice then. Did they fake it even then? Christina Aguilara was on that also.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Britney cant sing for shit. It would SHOCK though because its just the fact that they used her body and face, and another girls voice. It would be shocking even though the voice aint too shit hot.

She can't sing very well, but that is her voice. I saw a show about her on tv that had videos of her singing at state fairs, at home and even on Star Search.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    She can't sing very well, but that is her voice. I saw a show about her on tv that had videos of her singing at state fairs, at home and even on Star Search.
    Yeah,I've seen those too and I agree. Britney has one of those Broadway voices, that 's been coached for years and taught how to project and sing and perform, so she can fake it well. But I really dont think she has a God-given voice, you know?

And it would "shake the industry to its core." I totally think its Britney.

I think its Britney as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUnpS...elated&search=

WOW this is weird. This is Britney performing at Ricky Lake, obviously some years ago ('99 or something) and it's sung live, but it's not sung by Britney (not at that moment anyway. Towards the end she's got her hands by her head singing : 'I lose my mind' and the live voice is doing some freestyle, while Britney is lip-synching something completely different.
    WTF?

I watched the video. I think her voice sucks, and sounds very much like her speaking voice. It sounds live-ish to me.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post

WOW this is weird. This is Britney performing at Ricky Lake, obviously some years ago ('99 or something) and it's sung live, but it's not sung by Britney (not at that moment anyway. Towards the end she's got her hands by her head singing : 'I lose my mind' and the live voice is doing some freestyle, while Britney is lip-synching something completely different.
    WTF?
    Since there's no band or backup singers, she is singing over a track that has that stuff. I think she sings a lot of the backup vocals in the recorded version of this song, they can record those separately and layer them with the melody line for the recording. So in this live version she's basically singing along with her own record.

But her mike is definitely live, you can tell she's flat in some parts and kind of out of breath in others.

Not to defend Britney, but I think this is done all the time in concerts where the singer is expected to bust some dance moves while singing. It would be too hard to keep the volume/tone even if you were moving around so much while singing.

It is amazing she made it this far in this industry, her voice totally sucks. This blind item cannot be Brit, it said that the person actually making the music actually has a good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    It is amazing she made it this far in this industry, her voice totally sucks. This blind item cannot be Brit, it said that the person actually making the music actually has a good voice.
    LOL
    yes that pretty much rules her out
    and Madonna
    and J-Lo
    and Janet Jackson
    and Ashlee and Jessica Simpson
    and Shakira
    etc etc etc

i dont think its britney...her singing voice is the same as her talking voice...and we know she can sing somewhat bc she was on the mickey mouse show/star search...and, although this is an unfortunate reference, her reality show with KFED shows a clip of her in makeup singing a silly song to pass the time and her voice is nice

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post

WTF?

I saw that, that was really weird. I don't think it was really her singing.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I just don't think it's Britney, nobody really thinks she has a groundbreaking voice or anything, but she's an amazing performer.

As a side-note, i saw the pussycat dolls a few weeks ago and they sang live and did all their dancing and the like and they sounded amazing. Better than the recordings. My gals and I were absolutely astounding at how good they were
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Alright this is bugging me... I went back to the original, and pulled out some clues that could help us narrow it down:

- "if this story ever comes out, it would blow the music world up and shake it to its core."
    So its somebody HUGE. Bigger than Ashlee and Milli Vinilli. Maybe of the Madonna / Britney type.

- This would put the Milli Vanilli scandal and Ashlee Simpson SNL situation so far down the ladder it would be crazy..."
    So it's somebody HUGE.

- "...began to explain what she had done and had been doing for several years."
    So it was ongoing for awhile... past late 2000.

- a man came to her one day and said he needed someone to record some demos because he had written a lot of songs, but wanted a demo to shop the songs to singers and record labels"
    So whoever the star is DIDN"T write her own music.,

"and heard her voice coming from the radio, only it was another singer being given credit."
    Singer... not group. Important? Rules our Destiny's Child?

- "MV has/had several Top 40 songs and CD's. They could have gone to #1 or languished in the 30's."
    So multiple well-known hits and CDs.

- "MV was everywhere..on television, radio, awards shows, commercials
    Thats interesting! We should think about who has done commercials, because many singers dont.

- "S agrees and records another CD worth of songs which is released several months later and does even better than the first CD. "
    Second CD bigger than the first; maybe more than 2 Cds

- "In addition, MV was not sure she wanted to continue on with what had been happening and so our mystery guy might be completely out of the picture..
    MV went into hiding? Or is actually somewhat of a good person?

- "This involved literally millions of CD's and hundreds of concerts all over the world.."
    Thats important: platinum records and world tours... not everyone has done that.

I'm thinking about this, and I'm saying its Toni Braxton. I think Britney is under way too much public scrutiny and something like this would have been sure to come out already. Maybe.

So yeah.. Toni Braxton.

This is killing me. Today my mum and I spent our 2 hour coffee date talking about this! She said Anastacia, since Anastacia sings like a black woman; i think she came out in 2000 with 'I'm Outta Love'. Its Definetly a good voice. But we did the research and she sings the same as she speaks, and her voice is not the same anymore since she had cancer.

Toni Braxton is a good guess; but wasn't she around long before 2000?

This would put the Milli Vanilli scandal and Ashlee Simpson SNL situation so far down the ladder it would be crazy..."

It HAS to be someone huge! Unless the writer is exaggerating.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information