Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

^Cly - I think she's holding her dress up. It's that tube style and just falls at any given moment.

As for the movies, wow never thought about Diddy and JLo!

Forgot to say Welcome Cly!!
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    This has to be someone pretty big. What about Avril?
    Well, I'm sure some people don't like it, but Avril is renowned for her voice, whereas J. Lo and Britney have never been. It would be delicious if it was Avril, because she was the first to come out and snipe at Ashlee when Ashlee was caught lipsynching, saying how she (Avril) always sings live. But actually, I doubt the authenticity of the item itself, because if MV wants to hide this, why would she sign something with S? That detail ruined it for me. I will be very interested to see if this blind item is ever resolved. It's a good one.

If they years have been changed slightly, I would say it is Britney. Her second album was bigger than the 1st as far as teeny bopper bublegum shit goes. She sucks live and can barely carry a note as witness in her live performances on the Today Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    jlo.

b/c whn that 1st album came out she was the laughingstock at the billboard awards i vegas (that sam yr or the next)for being the only artist that had to sing full-playback (lip sync completely)--obviously b/c she doesn't have the vocal strength to sig and dance at the same time.
    I can't believe I'm defending JLo, but being able to sing and dance simultaneously has nothing to do with "vocal strength". No matter how good a singer you are, you will not be able to soud good if you're jumping all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by cocainekate View Post
    Well, I'm sure some people don't like it, but Avril is renowned for her voice, whereas J. Lo and Britney have never been. It would be delicious if it was Avril, because she was the first to come out and snipe at Ashlee when Ashlee was caught lipsynching, saying how she (Avril) always sings live.
    No way. Avril's voice is absolutely, appalingly awful. It's bad on her albums, but she's even worse live. I've heard live performances of hers that made me literally stand there with my mouth hanging wide open in shock that someone that terrible ever made it so far. Really, just...wow...
    2 years...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    If they years have been changed slightly, I would say it is Britney. Her second album was bigger than the 1st as far as teeny bopper bublegum shit goes. She sucks live and can barely carry a note as witness in her live performances on the Today Show.
    She's always sucked live though and even on her albums the vocals aren't that great. Not what I would consider "amazing" or worth hiring a Milli.

It could be a lot of people. Those who truly perform live are rare - even Janet Jackson lip synched on the Billboard's.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Avril's voice is absolutely, appalingly awful. It's bad on her albums, but she's even worse live. I've heard live performances of hers that made me literally stand there with my mouth hanging wide open in shock that someone that terrible ever made it so far. Really, just...wow...
    Well, I've never heard her live myself. As for her albums, although I'm sure some people don't like the wailing tone of her voice, I think it's all right.

cly
    Bronze Member

Speaking of Janet.......how long has it been since she REALLY performed LIVE and she is famous for the boyfriends/husband that are always producers of her stuff. When was the last time that she really sold well and wasn't it only the first couple of albums that actually did well? Hasn't she sounded different over the years? Time frame may be different, but I do not believe the timeline anyway. I think that is a redherring. She came to mind recently when I realized that with the last few albums all that she has been really famous for is losing weight fast (with help) and then going around looking really good, but I don't remember any real singing involved. That family is too wacked and it would not surprise me that something else smells to high heaven there..............................

Bronze Member

It's definitely not Norah Jones. I saw her sing with Ryan Adams the other night. She also did a song with him on his album.

I also like Avril Lavigne.

Maybe Janet is a better candidate-she doesn't sing..really...it's just her and the studio creating this impression.

She only knows how to dance and look sexy-really like Milly Vanilly.
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

I sooo Second the Janet Jackson vote!!!

If it were Janet, surely she could've hired a better Milli
    Her 'studio voice' doesn't sound very good.

I just don't think its Michelle Branch, because she wasn't that big. The writer of the B.I says that this would "shake the music industry to its core."

That makes me think that this is a person who has been lauded and recognized as a talented and serious singer.

I'm bored as well, so I did some research for us to dig through.

The Billboard Top Female Albums (Year-End) in 2000:
    1 - Britney Spears
    2 - Celine Dion
    3 - Christina Aguilera
    4 - Faith Hill
    5 - Shania Twain

The Billboard Top Female Singles of 2000:
    1 - Faith Hill
    2 - Christina Aguilera
    3 - Pink
    4 - Toni Braxton
    5 - Aaliyah

The Billboard Top Female Albums (Year-End) of 2001:
    1 - Enya
    2 - Alicia Keys
    3 - Britney Spears
    4 - Sade
    5 - Dido

The Billboard Top Female Singles of 2001:
    1 - Jennifer Lopez
    2 - Janet Jackson
    3 - Faith Hill
    4 - Alicia Keys
    5 - Missy Elliott

Hmmm.. Britney Spears makes a strong case. And Toni Braxton! I've seen clips of her singing live, and she is completely awful. Just horrible. And she went bankrupt and disappeared, so that would fit too.

I totally forgot about Dido. She totally disappeared. Doubt its her.

I had the 1999 charts too, and Lauryn Hill was on there. What do you all think about her?

I'd fully believe Janet Jackson too. I think Jennifer Lopez was somewhat of a joke, same with Jessica Simpson so I doubt its either of them, but it wouldn't surprize me.

I just think it's someone way bigger.

Britney cant sing for shit. It would SHOCK though because its just the fact that they used her body and face, and another girls voice. It would be shocking even though the voice aint too shit hot.

Didn't someone come out and claim that she was the actual singer of Toxic?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^ oh yea I remember that! It's in our gossip forum, maybe in the archive.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information