Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1288 View Post
    Didn't the dude say this person has an AMAZING voice? If so, then JLO and Avril are out because their voice isn't anywhere near amazing.
    LOL, oh yah, you're right. Back to square one.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I wonder if it's Vanessa Carlton?

cly
    Bronze Member

If it is an 'amazing voice' then the only one I can think of that people think is AMAZING (time line not being a factor) would be Mariah, but that seems highly doubtful and I am sure she has done a lot of concerts to prove her voice.

Who are ones that supposedly have good voices and they do not tour and they do not sing in public for example with the National Anthem or something?????

By the way, I watched a music video with J LO tonight and her voice in this song was WAY different than in the voice from a video that I watched the other night. HUGE difference and the songs were from different CD's. The most recent one didn't sound like the same person. Is is just me or has anyone else noticed that?

I am going to go out on a limb and I would never hope it is this person because I love her music ,Alicia Keyes ?

I don't know if this person really is "amazing" ... I think they're good, have done many concerts, sold many cds, etc. but just the fact that they're lip-synching would make huge news, if that makes sense. Look at how big the Ashlee Simpson thing was. She wasn't even known for being a great singer, but that was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    I don't know if this person really is "amazing" ... I think they're good, have done many concerts, sold many cds, etc. but just the fact that they're lip-synching would make huge news, if that makes sense. Look at how big the Ashlee Simpson thing was. She wasn't even known for being a great singer, but that was huge.

I think the Ashlee thing was made big because she made up all those ridiculous excuses to why it happened, instead of just admitting to it

Yeah, that added to it. I'm just saying that I don't think it's someone known for their amazing voice or great range ... not Celine or Whitney or Mariah or even Alicia Keys. I think J.lo would make really big news. They'd be talking about that for days.

cly
    Bronze Member

Did you read Lainey gossip today? Jessica Simpson 'choked under pressure' having to sing live at the Kennedy Center and NO ONE applauded! Interesting in light of this little blind item that I can't seem to let go.................as Lainey would say.......do you smell something?????

Yeah..see the great singer bit..might be a bunch of crap...because people say jessica simpson...and britney spears are great singers.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I think it could be Jessica too, cause i thought her voice changed totally between her debut and these boots are made for walking.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Bronze Member

Hi, I had to register just to reply to this but I couldn't resist. When I read this blind item I immediately thought of that VH1 Movie that Rocks with Gail O'Grady.........Out of Sync.....its like that movie to a tee. You can find it on imdb.com

^You're right Vanishing. The movie Glitter also started the same way until the DJay heard Mariah's voice and knew it was a sham.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

The only singer that I could think of Nikka Costa. Like A Feather was a hit song in 2002. Hopefully it's not her.

But Jessica Simpson could be it. But her singing voice isn't impressive. For some reason I'm thinking of a singer singer's. And Jessica doesn't come to mind.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    I think it could be Jessica too, cause i thought her voice changed totally between her debut and these boots are made for walking.
    I didn't think of Simpleton, but she's a good guess. You used to be able to actually decipher what she was singing in a song, now it's just breathy, mumbled warbling.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

cly
    Bronze Member

Vanishing and Sweet Pea..........so....is the blind item a sham or is the movie based up a true blind item?

Interesting to note that 'Out of Sync' has a producer and his high profile girlfriend------ala JLO and Diddy------or others I am sure.

I actually think that many of these singers really are not the 'real deal' live in concert anyway. I think that too much mixing and back up vocals tend to disguise a barely passible voice. I watched a clip of Britney's Chaotic and she was singing in lots of it and her voice sucked until she was on stage. Interesting.......I have heard the same about JLo and others.

I watched the clip of Jessica's Kennedy Center flub and her voice was pretty so so there too. What was with the clutching her stomach throughout the song as if she didn't have the vocal range to do the song. Weird.....weirder.........

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information