Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Milli Vanilli-like blind item

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    The Henry Rollins story is all over the place now:

Henry Rollins Knows Britney's Secret | Dlisted

Hm....
    Okay, just re-read this^
    It's got to be britters.

^^ That's what I was thinking. They blend the two voices into each other.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

This woman (S) was approached in 2000, but according to amazon Brit's first album was out in 1999. I think we all know she has A LOT of work done to her voice to appear ok on CD. It wouldn't really be very shocking would it? I'm hoping this is someone else

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I don't think it would be shocking enough for it to be Britney. Watching that awful clip I think she might actually be able to sing if she wasn't trying to jump around and shit.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bronze Member

this blind item has been driving me insane for the past two years. i just don't see it being true and if it is it has to be a lesser known name or from a different time than said by ENT.

She's hot in that video. *Sigh* I used to be so obsessed with her. I don't think anyone really cared whether she could sing or not. Baby One More Time had THAT MUSIC VIDEO and it was #1 here (Australia) for 12 weeks.

I am so glad someone bumped this, did anyone else catch this:

Britney Spears Involved in 'Trade Secrets' Controversy
    Will Britney Spears ever regain full control of her funds again?
    The court-appointed lawyers for the songstress spent 90 minutes in closed chambers at the Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday morning, discussing issues related to her conservatorship.
    Despite the obvious personal and professional progress the pop princess has made recently, the current order remains in place whereby father Jamie and lawyer Geraldine Wyle oversee Brit's finances and estate. However, we're told that the major issue of concern was related to "trade secrets" involving Spears.
    "She's doing really well," lawyer Andrew Wallet told Pop Tarts, declining to comment further on the day's proceedings.
    But speaking of Britney, her first single, "Womanizer," from her new album is set to hit the airwaves on Monday. Our inside sources say that this is hands-down the best album the starlet has ever recorded.

Source: FOXNews.com - Pop Tarts: Ex-Nannies Say Rob Lowe, Wife Were Perverts - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

It made me think of this issue as being her trade secret. Anyone else agree?

^Veddy interesting!
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to meÖ.it only means the night is coming.

.... reviving this thread, in the wake of the Britney 'comeback'..

She has yet to sing in a single one of her performances. She's been slammed for lip-synching on X-Factor.

And there have been clips leaked of the making of her new album Circus, where she's singing various parts in the studio, and it sounds horrible. Anyone else notice this? I'll try to track down the clips.

Elite Member

It's definitely not LeAnn Rimes. I heard her sing live in Dallas as a twelve-year-old and she was amazing!

She's lipsynched ALL her 'performances'. The tv shows reporting on it say it like it's fine. 'Britney looked great, as she lip synched her way through..' Like it's okay for a singer to do that.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    She's lipsynched ALL her 'performances'. The tv shows reporting on it say it like it's fine. 'Britney looked great, as she lip synched her way through..' Like it's okay for a singer to do that.
    It's very hard to sing while dancing and especially with Britney's choreography, it's damn near impossible not to gasp and pant and be way off tune while hopping and gyrating and tossing your head from side to side and down and up again. That's why lot's of performers alternate lipsyncing with actual singing during their concerts. However, her voice is very mediocre.

Example: Ricky Martin has a great voice. Has been to his concerts several times and very close to the stage (close enough where his sweat lands on ya). He sings live at his concerts 'cause he really doesn't "dance." His back-up dancers do that for him. NSYNC and the BSB used to lipsynch during most of their concerts, but then their chorepgraphy was off the charts. It would have been unreasonable to expect them to sing live or without singing along with their pre-taped vocals.

That said, when singing a ballad, there is no excuse to lipsync. None. Mariah Carey would have no excuse. The woman cannot dance for squat. All she does is gyrate and prance around slowly.

But Britney doesn't dance!
    And singers should be singing, dancers do the dancing.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    But Britney doesn't dance!
    And singers should be singing, dancers do the dancing.
    Britney does dance. I have seen her in concert twice. Besides, most pop musical acts have to double as entertainment artists and add dancing, complex lighting, and special effects to their shows otherwise their tix wont sell. Just ask Avril Lavigne.

Do you really want to pay $70 + a ticket to see your favorite mediocre singer just stand there and sing? I don't. I want to be wowed.

If the performer is not a dude that I'm not already lusting after, then that person that I shelled out $$ for a concert better show some serious dance moves, hook themselves up to some cables and fly over the crowd all while making sure their skimpy outfit/or bare chest doesn't make them fall out of the sky, and all while twirling flaming batons insync with the laser show depicting images of global civil war while a gospel choir sings backup in japanese.

^Well you must've seen Britney when she still danced her ass off (and I know she did used to put on killer performances) because her performances lately have been lackluster. 'Wow' is more like 'Wow, she sucks'. She doesn't work a stage like she used to.

Thread Information